This is a very simple Dotticure and you don't require anything but a jelly and a very pigmented white polish (Cult Nails Tempest, my absolute favorite white cream). There were two obstacles I encountered : one was to smooth my ridged nails, the second all that waiting. Below a quick step-by-step:
1. Two coats of Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat
2. One coat of CbL Grape Juice (perfect formula, went on totally even), wait for it to dry
3. Place a few dots in two different sizes with Cult Nails Tempest, wait for it to dry, apply Top Coat
4. Another coat of CbL Grape Juice, wait for it to dry
5. Place some more dots, wait for it to dry, applied Top Coat
6. Add one or two more dots over the Top Coat and finished with a matte Top Coat
7. Fill a couple of dots with CbL Unorthodox Annie
This is really a super simple nail art, core to it: wait rather a couple of minutes longer than risking smudging the dots and use a super pigmented polish for the dots. I also tried it with colors like peach or neon coral and frankly, the results were disappointing. The color of the dots got weird layered under the purple jelly. The white provided the various shadings of purple I was hoping to achieve.
I hope you don't mind my step-by-step but being such a beginner in the nail art sphere I am still looking for tutorials left and right of just about ANY form of nail art - maybe this little explanation helps the one or the other of my readers…. as a bonus for all of you who made it down here - NELL - his furry sweetness taking a stroll in the sun
I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!