Thursday 29 August 2013

Enchanted Polish Congratulations

I so far could get two out of my four lemmings of the Enchanged Polish Time To Pretend Collection (getting ANY of their polishes has become hard work, I tell ya)!! Warning - this is a picture heavy post ;-)




 the above pictures are taken indoors in daylight, the below photos outside in the shade




and some more pictures taken in artificial light






I applied three thin coats of Enchanted Polish Congratulations over Nfu Oh Aqua Base. The consistency is thin and excellent in application. Given the thin consistency I suggest to be careful with the amount of polish on the brush to prevent brush strokes. Dry time is normal though on the slower side. I also did another swatch using Top Coat with Congratulations and I cannot report any diminishing of the holo effect in any light.

Final toughts: The color admittedly is on the soft side for me and while I adore and love the polish, I find the contrast with my skin tone not ideal - a tad too close. I have tried to layer it over a dark chocolate brown and liked the result - sadly I screwed the mani badly so I still owe you pictures of that one.

I ordered Enchanted Polish Congratulations with Pshiiit Boutique.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

18 comments:

  1. I can see why it's pic heavy...I wouldn't be able to leave any of these pictures out either! Great job capturing the holo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great compliment - thank you Essie - feeling very proud now :-D!!!!! Indeed, I was unable to exclude any of the above - Congratulations has so many facets, typical Enchanted!!

      Delete
  2. I am thoroughly impressed, both with the polish and your holo-capturing photos! :) What exactly is the color? Is it brown, or pinkish-brown, or light plum, or uhhhhh...teal? LOL...I honestly can't tell! But WOW is it ever stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I was lucky that the sun was out bright and shiny!! Hmmm it is a color chameleon, it has all those colors you list above and - if I twist my hands very Yoga-like - it even has a green sheen but I just could not manage to twist my hand in a way that I could photograph the green :-S

      Delete
  3. I think it's funny, as I was going through your photos I was thinking how lovely it looks with your skin tone! These swatches are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Becca :-) - I probably was too used to have the contrast in front of my eyes with all the brights and darks I slapped on lately - LOL!!! Thank you, thank you for that big compliment xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh my, this is so pretty!! Love the holo in there, and I think it looks great with your skintone! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Yun <3!!! Probably I am just not used to more neutral polishes anymore - LOL!!! Enchanted has does the holos very uniquely - sadly they are by now nearly impossible to get!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Sadly, I missed out at the last EP restock at Llarowe. I had my cart filled with polishes, and then the site crashed and I couldn't check out :-/
    But I won't give up, and until then, I wear the ones I have and stare at the ones you're showing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3!!! Oh tell me about it - I could not even get into Llarowe - was stuck in cyber traffic jam - aaaargh!!! I only have one more from the Time to Pretend collection - got both of them with Pshiiit - as mentioned above - bummer that they became so hard to get...

      Delete
  6. Ooohh, Aaaah! I'm having a hard time finding words, my brain's gone on tilt... <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi - merci ma belle!!! I was a bit errrr ehem myself when I took the pictures, staring and staring and tilting my hands - LOL - Bisous xxx

      Delete
  7. Pretty! I love how it looks in the different lighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) - thank you very much, I am glad you like it!!!!!

      Delete
  8. Hi pet! Sometimes you just don't care about skin tones!! And this is one case like this!!! This is a gorgeous polish!!! It looks both holo and duo chrome!! Amazing!!! Puss puss!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie!!!! You are right, with a polish like this skin tone becomes totally irrelevant - LOL!!! Thank you - and yes - this is what I love with Enchanted Polishes - they are both holo and duo chrome!! Have a lovely evening - hope your day at work was not too bad - viele Küsschen xxx

      Delete