Sunday 4 August 2013

My NOTDs of the week

Monday called for a Corporate nail do and having been so into Contrary Polish for the last two weeks this was a no-brainer - Contrary Polish Play Me was called on stage:




I applied three coats of Play Me over Zoya Anchor Base Coat. I always to tip wrapping with my Contrary Polishes. Their crelly "personality" tend to show some shrinkage around my tips. I sealed the look with Cult Nails Wicked Fast. Two coats of Play Me would provide decent opacity but I love my Contrary Polishes to show maximum shimmer and deepened base color.

Coming home on Monday evening from a nerve rubbing day I found the wonderful surprise mail of my so dear to me friend Jezz from Little Miss Nailpolish. She spoiled me with Depend Rough Sparkled polishes and a wonderful blue from Nordic and chocolate and goodies for Nell - Jezz - you saved my day!!! I would have loved to wear them all in a Skittelette but being still tuned corporate I felt I had to go "discret" and have at least the same color on all of my nails - look at this beauty of Depend Forget Me Not:



I applied two coats of Forget Me Not (one of my favorite flowers by the way) over Zoya Anchor Base Coat. Hands down - this is one of the best textured polishes I tried. It applied like a regular polish with a perfect formula and it dries super super fast. AND it lasts like rock - I had to do some major clean out of  Mark's Enduro stuff (read dirt and heavy gear and oily tools) - not a single chip!!!! The removal was a bit more time consuming than other textured polishes - like in-between Opi Liquid Sands and glitters but hey, that is a small thing considering its other starry qualities - thank you once more Jezz for that surprise mail - I am totally, maximally delighted <3!!!!!

And now to the mani that I could not bring myself to remove to do a Skittelette: Emily de Molly Monet's Garden. When I saw the picture on Llarowe I knew this needs to be mine - nice thinking, by the time I got around to check the launch it was long gone. Luckily Mei Mei Signatures offers Emily de Molly's now too (there, I shared one of my well kept secrets). Having finally had it in my greedy claws I was turning and twisting the bottle ogling all the awesomeness AND rather clueless what to layer it over. You have to know, I hardly ever wear glitters on their own, I prefer them layered to get away with one coat. The base color of Monet's Garden is the epitome in my eyes of one of Monet's colors, so this is immaculately achieved - BUT - it is such an unidentifiable green/teal with hints of blue, I had to do some serious brain and drawer racking to come up with the perfect base color.


Well sometimes I am glad for my considerable stock of only slightly varying shades - I dug out Colorama Hippie Chick. A very dark turquoise or light teal? It is a jelly and while the first coat goes on sheer and a tad streaky a medium thick coat evens out matters perfectly. I applied one coat of Emily de Molly Monet's Garden over Hippie Chic. I just love the Emily de Molly's - they apply like creams - the glitter spreads nice and easy - no coaxing or fishing required and just look at this gorgeousness:


Emily de Molly's Monet's Garden reminded me of this painting of the artist:

I wore this dress with it:

and lastly a painting by Claude Monet of his garden:

I ordered Contrary Polish Play Me with Llarowe and Emily de Molly Monet's Garden with Mei Mei Signatures.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

14 comments:

  1. They're all just too gorgeous, I couldn't decide if you'd ask me for a favorite :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a perfect reply to my question - a perfect week then, for me it was the same, could not pick a favorite either ;-)

      Delete
  2. Great manis! I just love that green one... the colors in there are so pretty! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yun - thank you so much :-) - Monet's Garden was really outstanding!!

      Delete
  3. Hi pet! I really like all your notds this week but I think you know which one I like best... ;) Yes! It's Monet's Garden!! :D What a beauty!! They have so perfectly captured the colors of that Monet painting! Was that the same painting I showed you from my Monet book? I love that painting! My mum has a poster of it in her room and she has had that poster like forever so it has a really special place in my heart <3 Viele Küsschen!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie - haha, I do ;-)!!!! No it is not the same painting but the same motive, I think Monet painted it very often but I love each and every picture of that bridge!!! Actually our chat brought me to the idea of showing the painting - I had the one I posted in mind but had to search madly for it - LOL!!! And I can only guess what this picture means to you - how wonderful - viele Küsschen xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry...what? Your Monet's Garden combo just blew my mind and I can't think straight...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - hi Melissa (I am rolling in laughter here)!!! Thank you dear - and I observed people staring mesmerized at my "garden nails" ;-)

      Delete
  5. These are all beautiful! That Contrary Polish is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Essie, thank you so much <3!!! I love Play Me as well and I found myself thinking always of this polish when I need to go more discrete ;-)

      Delete
  6. You had a great week! They are all gorgeous, but the Emily de Molly combo is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare :-) - haha there a true glitter loving gal speaks up - hands down, it was my favorite as well ;-)

      Delete