Sunday 23 February 2014

Picture Polish Jade

I even can contribute a Picture Polish shade for my Sunday old untrieds posts!!! Picture Polish Jade sits since quite a while in my helmer and while I did pick it out a couple of times and planned a post numerous times, I somehow always got diverted. So here finally cheers to Jade - a very, very bright green leaning turquoise filled with discreet silver shimmer





I applied two medium coats of Picture Polish Jade over my regular Base Coat. The formula is on the creamy side and fairly easy to work with. The pigmentation is quite strong and the consistency the one of a cream. Add the shimmer and it amps up thickness. I found it not really self leveling and prone to polish dragging. So here is my probably slightly boring mantra: light coats, featherlike brush strokes and a careful dosage of polish on your brush and you should master the application easily. Oh and don't do your coats too thin, you will never get those patches nicely covered. Dry time is on the longer side and the finish not overly shiny - hence my added layer of Top Coat (yep, as always Glitter Gal Gloss Boss).

Final thoughts: What a perfect shade for a grey day when you feel the need to bring in some color pronto!

I have Picture Polish Jade since quite a while and therefore cannot remember where I ordered it from. I usually get my Picture Polish from either Llarowe, Harlow & Co or Pshiiit Boutique but then they are also available directly from their own website or through Overall Beauty and I am sure the one or the other e-tailer I forgot to list here.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

8 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely, lovely shade! As I said before (or at least I thought of saying :p ), I must order some more Picture Polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did say ;-)! Thank you hon! I ordered the first time now on PP's own site and am exited about their customer service and - not to mention that the new LE shades were still available and I had not prolonged waiting time and cart jacking anxiety!! <3

      Delete
  2. This color literally screams summer and I like that! Spring is starting to come to sweden (i.e the snow is starting to melt looking brown and exposing some yellow/green grass and it's 7+C) and I welcome the summer, and vibrant colors like this on the nails. :D Or well, one can wear colors like this any season, but still, you know what I mean :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You heard it screaming, didn't you ;-)! It is promising spring and summer and sun! Did you have a lot of snow? I so far so about six snowflakes this year, which used to be normal for the area I live in but in the last couple of years we were hit "hard" with snow up to 5-7 cm - ;-)! So this winter was really to my liking ;-)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful springy color! I love the hint of shimmer in it:) Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Essie!!! Ane here I was pondering over the slight blurr! The color is so vibrant it made my camera tremble - LOL xxx

      Delete
  4. Every time I see a green on you, I end up wiping off drool. :P This is amazing on you! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - thank you Yun <3!!! Now I only need the weather to fit my nails - those shades just look this much nicer in the sun....

      Delete