Thursday 21 August 2014

Powder Perfect Lake Lyn - a blogger made me buy this Take 1

Hello naillacqueristas! How is your week going? I for sure am back at full steam at work with everyone being back from vacation all charged and on a roll. It's been a while since I introduced a new to me brand and today I have a new to me brand that I purchased after having seen reviews - multiple reviews that is - over at My Nail Polish Online. Of course given my low-buy intention I was not right jumping on the bandwagon and I missed the launch at Harlow & Co and by the time I finally placed my order of course my first choices were gone - lucky me - I ended up getting Lake Lyn. This is a denim blue-with-hints-of-teal jelly and then there is so much going on in there: copper glitter in various sizes and turquoise iridescent glitters in small and medium that throw tiny holo beams when hit by the sun:



 outside in the shade


I applied two coats of Powder Perfect Lake Lyn over Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Hydration. It is a jelly so this says it all about the formula. However, the application was purrrrfect - so easy to control and the polish went just where I wanted it to - it was a breeze and dry time was really quick. A bonus: the surface of your nails will be nearly smooth - one coat of Glisten&Glow HK Girl was totally sufficient to turn Powder Perfect Lake Lyn into a high shine glossy beauty.

Final thoughts: Powder Perfect Lake Lyn has won my heart over instantly. And one of the reasons why I could not get myself into swatching as I was physically revolting against the thought of removing it - there you have it - LOL!!!

I ordered Powder Perfect Laky Lyn with Harlow & Co.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for stopping by!!!
Christine <3

8 comments:

  1. My no buys is failing miserably this month. I will need to try harder in September - got road tax and my MOT to pay for so that should help with less polish buying!

    This is a very pretty polish, the colour is nice and I like all the different glitters too - it is very interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha then I am not the only one!!! However September has to be strict with me too - so many Birthday gifts and what have you... Thank you so much lovey!!! Looking at the pictures again, I think this will definitely be in my favorites for 2014!!! <3

      Delete
  2. I love the shades. it's simply pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, you've picked a great one! I love the contrast between the base and those gorgeous glitters!
    Thanks for the shout out hon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ina!!! Well actually I should do a full post about you and your Blog - you have influenced my buys way more than you might think and after all it was your Dotticures that pulled me finally into nailart territory ;-)

      Delete
  4. So pretty! The blue jelly and the bronze have always a charm to me! make me think of ancient Egypt jewels and stuff like that! absolutely gorgeous on you!
    And I hear you, almost half of the things I buy are lemmings induced by reading other blogs! haha but I guess that is how this works, right? bisous ma biche, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci mille fois ma belle!!!! You are right (of course) - like for example the Dogsledge polish from Opis Nordic Collection - your photos were irresistible!! Ancient Egypt - you are so correct - Nofretete would have been over the moon ;-) Bisous bisous xxx

      Delete