Friday 22 August 2014

KBShimmer Beach Please and Shore Thing from the 6th Anniversary Collection

So my dear readers! Since quite a bunch of stuff has accumulated on my kitchen/polish table I have to leave safe boundaries and show you more than one polish per post - at least today.

I am sure most of you have seen the threesome pretties by KBShimmer created for their 6th Anniversary. I have picked the two creams for me - Beach Please the boldest blue leaning pink before edging into neon-magenta territory and Shore Thing a "short of neon" turquoise which reminds me strongly, very strongly indeed, of Illamasqua Nomad (I have given this one on to a friend who was craving for it so unfortunately I cannot show comparisons). Let's get down to polish business:



I applied two coats of KBShimmer Beach Please over my regular Base Coat which currently is Nail Pattern Boldness Digital Hydration (a ridge filler). I found the formula a smidgen thin and I had to be wary to not flod my nailbeds but carefully wiping off the brush at the rim of the bottle sorted all out. The first coat turned out quite sheer and even streaky due to the aforementioned but the second coat which I dared to apply medium thick, provided the opacity I love to see on my nails with such bold colors. Dry time clearly is on the fast side and I definitely would recommend to spruce up the shine with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


isn't this just glowing like neon?

I also applied two coats of KBShimmer Shore Thing again over my regular ridge filling Base Coat. Same story as for Beach Please. And with this one I had an amazing experience: I managed to get my thumb really dented not a big dent but it was deep and it was already past 10 pm and I was in no mood whatsover to restart business with my thumb. I did some soft pushing and shoving and could actually close the dent, slapped on another coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top and now look at that: no traces left of that dent that once sat square in the middle of my nail - how amazing is THAT? In my humble opinion this speaks of true quality and excellent performance of both the nailpolish AND the Top Coat.

Since I wear my polishes hardly ever for more than a day, I cannot give you an account on longevity but after a full day of wear at the office of both, Beach Please and Shore Thing I could not detect a single nail with tip wear much less a chip or any other signs of wear, I guess once more both of these are big thumbs up for looking gorgeous for a couple of days.

I ordered KBShimmer Beach Please and Shore Thing from Harlow & Co.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine <3

8 comments:

  1. Beach Please is so bold and bright! I love it. Looks really good on you :-) Shore Thing is pretty too, it looks amazingly bright in the second photo :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Ananka!!! I have to admit, Beach Please is my preferred from the two whichis quite astonishing considering my obsession with turquoise!!!

      Delete
  2. You are rocking these summer shades hon! I'm in love with both of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love xxx - I wish we would have had some according weather but apart from the nails the rest of me was not summer like but waterproof gear ;-)

      Delete
  3. These shades are so gorgeous and I liked seeing them together too, I get a feeling that they might look cool together combined in a nail art or something. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gelic - they actually do, there were some great combos out there like Chevrons etc - personally I prefer to combine a bit softer colors on my hands - though I do love to see it on others xxx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous colors, dahling ♥ Beach Please is indeed a showstopper! I had a hot pink holo on my nails the day you posted this and it all made me smile :) Ugh, that whole denting business... so pleasing when a polish responds to some gentle prodding and yes, the minor miracle of a really good topcoat cannot be ignored :) I've been there plenty, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love!!! Oh your pink holo nails must look spectacular when they run up and down that bass of yours!!! Bonus to my bolds here: they make your hands look tan!!! And yes - it is amazeballs that we can afford messing with our nails and can actually rescue the look without starting from scratch :-) xxx

      Delete