Monday 18 August 2014

Girly Bits Food Fight from Llarowe's A Box Indied for August

Happy Monday my dear readers!!! Here in Switzerland we seemed to have gotten all the summer rage there was for us from February to June (those months were actually gorgeous) and now we are having the spring we missed out on - oh well - plenty of time to catch-up on untried nailpolish and unseen movies, right?

Last Wednesday I was quite bold in stating something like "showing all polishes that came in Llarowe's A Box Indied within a week" - ooopsie - only 2 more days to go of that said week, time to take a seat and look at Girly Bits Food Fight. Already my last Girly Bits polish (Man Size Love) was catapulting me into a new nailpolish galaxy of exitement. Now Food Fight my dear readers is leaving me as an inarticulate heap of delight. Looking at the bottle, it doesn't really give away it's beauty completely but then you get that concrete grey jelly on your nail, see the green/blue iridiscending glitters flow from your brush onto your nails and the myriad of micro holo particles start to twinkle and sparkle interspersed with small copper glitter and you know, you are lost. Well of course this is overly dramatic but then I can get floored and squealing in delight over something as simple as nailpolish - but I get ahead of me here, have a look:







 and outside in the shade - just look like those iridescent glitters - swooooooon….

I applied three effortless coats of Girly Bits Food Fight over my regular Base Coat. The consistency is signature jelly and the glitters flow well dispensed and easily onto the nail. The dry time is fast to normal and the surface is slightly uneven due to the glitters. But surprise, surprise, this is no Top Coat eater - one coat of Glisten&Glow HK Girl was enough to keep that guy shiny and smooth for three days.

Final thoughts: I mean WOW, just WOW - what an absolute marvel that is!!! And I have to admit that I probably would not have bothered getting it if I would have seen pictures of the bottle only and if it would not have been part of A Box Indied and oh boy, what I would have missed.....

I subscribe to Llarowe's A Box Indied which means that you get one box a month holding five items of Indie wonders for 50 US Dollars. So far, this splurge was worth every penny - I discovered so many beautiful polishes and great brands that I probably would have given a pass elsewise.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for dropping by!!!
Christine

6 comments:

  1. Oh, what a gorgeous polish this is! That is iridescent glitter is just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? There is at least ONE Powder Perfect that is quite similar, unfortunately by the time I show these pretties they are sold-out - that shipping takes bust wayyyyy too long - LOL! Thank you dear Ina xxx

      Delete
  2. This is a pretty colour. I love all the sparkles and glitters. It looks good both in the sun and in the shade :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Ananka! Indeed it is a spectacle on the nails in any light xxx

      Delete
  3. I just love your hyperbole :) Ypu express the emotion of utter nail polish delight perfectly <3 Food Fight is, like, ridiculously cool (and my love of shark grey polishes is reignited). The indie subscription box is just such a lovely idea. Do you know what's in these when you order, or are you surprised?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo very much Liesl (feel squeeeezed - hehe)! Well you do know like a week ahead when reviews of collab bloggers start to pop up and then you habe the option of leaving out a month but only so many a year or so. So far I was getting them all and each polish (or nearly each) was a win!!! It forces me to stwp out of my regular polish pattern which has for example led me to be into pinks. <3

      Delete