Sunday 17 August 2014

Dance Legend Enamel Color No 332

Hello my dear nailpolish friends!!! I admit I have been dragging my feet writing up posts, there were just too many ideas tumbling round my head and I could not get myself to decide on what to show you. Also I had some quite awesome stuff on my nails which kept me from swatching - I just could not get myself removing the pretties - one of them is todays pick Dance Legend Enamel Color No 332. Now there was quite a hype in the nailpolish universe about the Dance Legend Multi Chromes, about their holos, prisms, new prisms and so on. But that brand has also an incredible amount of cream, crelly and jelly collections that get a lot less attention outside Russia or so it seems to me. Cruising Llarowe's site some weeks back I stumbled over No. 332 in their Enamel Color line, a perfect grass green high shine cream and since I have been whining and complaining about the lack of straight forward green creams available I had to snag that little beauty:



and one picture taken indoors in daylight

I applied three coats of Dance Legend No 332 over my regular Base Coat. The formula is a hybrid between a cream and a crelly like the pigmentation is that of a cream, the consistency that of a crelly. I had a little struggle with some polish flooding on my index (as you can still see in my pictures, no amount of clean-up or editing pictures would get all traces erased). This is mostly due to the long brush of Dance Legend polishes paired with the formula and me not wiping off the brush at the rim of the bottle carefully. Of course you could get away at two coats - it provides a decent opacity - but I just wanted to get more saturation and vibrancy from that green and went for a third coat. The dry time was pretty decent and the finish pretty shiny. I finished this mani with KBShimmer Clearly on Top.

And then I wanted to add something make-upey: Yun from The Polish Hideout stated in a comment that she likes to read my thoughts on make-up as she also is loving simple and fast best, just like me. Today I want to share one of my holy grail/staple items that is both fast and efficient: colorless lipliner. Mine is from Dior - I use it since many years and while now a lot cheaper alternatives pop up left and right, I sort of stayed faithful with it. Why a clear lipliner? Because IMO you end up every so often missing just that one color of liner in your collection that you would need. Now this little guy here has solved me from ever ranting about the right color of liner again. No matter what I put on my lips, this is my liner. Not to mention that the Dior Universal Lipliner Pencil really gets the job done. It prevents ANY lip color from bleeding on me. At the same time my lips don't look unfinished or "border-less" if you know what I mean. It cannot get better than that, right?



Here you see me about halfway through the day having just reapplied some Gloss Volupte without repainting my contours and look how it works - no staining around the edges from my earlier application. But as said, I am not correcting the shape of my lips - this might have quite some impact

Please note that this is just my very own opinion based on the experience I made with this product over the years and I do not correct the shape of my lips but just frame them to prevent the lip product to flow all over my face. I also haven't tried any other brands, so I cannot really tell if this is any better or worse than cheaper stuff or other high-end brands.

I ordered Dance Legend Enamel Color No 332 with Llarowe.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

10 comments:

  1. Hi pet! That sure is a great shade of green! You are right about that only the DL "special" getting all the attention. Like in most brands. I am a cream lover though so I love this post! Have a great week hon! I'm starting work tomorrow and in two week school starts too… Viele Küsschen!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll xxx!!!! I am certainly loving the specials but like you On the long run I love creams the best!! I hope you had a good start back at work - I was thinking of you - viele Küsschen xxx

      Delete
  2. What a pretty shade of green - it's lovely. I know I love DL polishes and rave about them - but it's mainly the iridescent ones I've tried! I really must look into some of the regular ones :-) The Neonic one you posted a few months ago caught my eye!

    *waves hello* I think this is the first time I've seen what you look like :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah now that you mention it you're right - it is one of my few face-photos here - waving back exitedly :-)!!!! I really think you would find a ton of creams and jellies there you could like and so far the quality never let me down - have a wonderful day <3

      Delete
  3. Lovely shade of green! I do have a soft spot for green cremes and this one is quite special. I was tempted several tiems to pick that clear liner at Dior's counter, and never have, I honestly skip liner most of the times(oops). You look wonderful in that selfie I love your lip color too, is that from Guerlain?
    bisous ma biche, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut ma biche - O!M!G! That green on you????? Wonderful! Like made for you I am sure!! I wish I would get away witthout liner but lipstick was always, always bleeding on me so as long as I can think when usinf lipstick I had to use liner. The color is an YSL, you know one of those creamy ones. I will add details late today as I haven't gotten it with me today. Have a wonderful day - bisous xxx

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous green!
    You look amazing in that lipstick hon! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love xxx! And after some hesitancy I am again quite into wearing bold lipstick again - feel so dressed in them ;-)

      Delete
  5. Great green polish, but it was overshadowed this post by your awesome pink lips! :D I love that color on you... so fun and bold. Great idea using a clear lip liner to keep the bold colors in. I confess I just recently started wearing bolder colors on my lips (red mostly... Liesl's influence) and I've been lazy in lining my lips. But I really should. It gives so much more of a finished look. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you my dear friend!!! Yes, our Liesl.... she made me wear bolder lipstick again too! So this needs some credit to her!!! I would gladly skip lining if any lipstick would stay put on me - the habit grew out of necessity - haha - and those clear liners are more waxy read easier to use than some liners which make you feel like poking a wooden stick at your lips ;-) oh and yes - now I forgot about the polish - it is very pretty, maybe similar to that green Zoya of this summer??? <3

      Delete