Thursday 9 January 2014

Teal Please!!! LaCC (La Couleur Couture) 1966

Are you in for a cream? Well a cream with some extras - I talk LaCC (La Couleur Couture) 1966 here. One of their releases for Fall/Winter 2013/2014. 1966 is a gorgeous teal base filled with fine green shimmer.




The above pictures are taken indoors in day and artificial light - isn't it amazing how 1966 changes its face depending on the angle of light? It held all of the above looks IRL!!! Below picture is taken in artificial light.


I applied three coats of La CC 1966 over Essence Hardening Nail Base. Now let's talk formula: I was not over the moon about this one. It might look like a cream once applied but it acts like a stubborn jelly. The consistency is sheer and oddly thick. Bringing enough polish out of the bottle on your brush is NOT doing the trick as 1966 then tends to pool and plot - badly! While I would have liked to stop at two coats the mani still looked patchy - hence the third coat. Still, I like the result, it is not too thick on the nail and dries quickly to a nice high shine - the pictures are taken without Top Coat.

Final thoughts: Yep, I like the final result and nope, I dislike the way to get there. However, it is a very classy and elegant polish that I find also office appropriate if you are not in a nude nails only environment.

I ordered LaCC 1966 with their own website here.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine
here

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful color. Too bad about the formula :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Essie - hope you are doing well *hugs*

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you hon - I like the final results - I just wondered if the formula is the result of the attempt to keep the shimmer visible AND giving a look of a cream??? Might be a challenging task..... But then maybe it is just my bottle...

      Delete