Wednesday 8 January 2014

Teal Please!!! Ethereal Lacquer Titania

Here one of my easy resolutions for 2014: discover new to me nail polish brands!!! And with todays post I hit to goals with one strike. Ethereal Lacquer is a new to me brand AND Titania a teal glitter in a sheer black base. And while all the glitter is teal it comes in a variety of sizes: micro, small, a bit bigger and then those saucer sized pieces that have a holo effect.



the above pictures are taken indoors in day and artificial light, the below photos outside in the shade


sorry for the weird skin color but the glitter showed so nicely in this outdoor picture...

I applied two coats of Ethereal Lacquer Titania over Essence Hardening Nail Base. While this is a true jelly applying very sheer upon the first coat and by no means achieving an opaque base color upon the second coat, I like the sort of murky base against the teal glitter. All of the glitters came out willingly except (and probably to be expected) the saucers. I had to twirl my brush vigorously in order to get TWO of them out of the bottle. And mind you, I am not talking swatches but a full mani here. Titania dries quickly to a dull and only minor bumpy finish. One layer of Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat completed the mani with a smooth and shiny surface.

Anyone thinking of Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces?


It was late (read dark) by the time I took the above picture - the differences are rather clear though - Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces is totally teal - base and glitter and denser in glitter and the saucers nearly jumped out of the bottle, I had no less than four of them on that single nail of my middle finger and had to send back two of them - it would have been total overload. Do you need both? I would not say so, it depends if you like to go with a contrast between base and glitter or "ton sur ton".

Final thoughts: I overall like Ethereal Lacquer Titania for the complete package and I find it a very everyday glitter - if you know what I mean.

I ordered Ethereal Lacquer Titanium with MeiMei Signatures.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for stopping by!!!
Christine

10 comments:

  1. Now THIS looks like the version of Revlon Elusive that I could wear! A true jelly always behaves more nicely than a jelly wannabe. :) And I love the circle glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my thought too!!! Wannabe jelly - haha!!! I love the circle glitter too, but they are so big, that they only look nice when I wear my nails at the above length, else it looks kind of weird!!! Thank you Melissa

      Delete
  2. I think it's very pretty this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun resolution! How'd you decide on this particular indie? It continually boggles my mind how many are out here. I'm excited to be trying a new one, myself, a baby baby company who is as of now without logo, even. Titania is very pretty and I totally get your everyday glitter statement-- it's not too glitzy or overtly glamorous, just kind of daywear with a little pizzazz (I'm having a hard time putting it into words, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I have a bit of a weakness for Bard references, too, lol :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Liesl - LOL for Bard :-D! How I ended up with this brand? Rather "unprofessionally" - I liked the label, that's all. I haven't read a review or had seen any swatches. How adventurous is that - ROFL! You ALWAYS find the right words - as Pizzazz for example - I love that one!!! Thanks sis xxx

      Delete
    3. Bard references!!! LOL!!! How I ended up with this brand "I liked the drawing on the label" she said and blushed embarrassedly ;-P!!! I hadn't seen any pictures or read any reviews - how ADVENTUROUS - ROFL!!! You ALWAYS find the right words - Pizzazz - I just love that one - thanks sis xxx

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous polish! And you're the first blogger I know showing it?! Can't explain why, this beauty should be all over the internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - oh I am the first - how cool!!! But then I hadn't seen pictures or reviews either. And I ordered it because I liked the drawing on the label (blushing)!! I have another one - let's see how I like that one....

      Delete