Monday 12 November 2012

Glitzy Monday: Opi Golden Eye - me too

Now there are already a bazillion posts about Opi Golden Eye out there but this is one of the few polishes I picked up from Opi's Skyfall Collection.

Photo taken indoors in artificial light:

 Photo taken indoors in daylight:


These are three coats of Opi Golden Eye over Essence XXL Nail Thickener (probably not the most ideal Base Coat for this polish I have to say). I used Essie Good to Go as Top Coat. The formula was not only sheer but a tad runny as well. This combined with Opi's wide brush led to a slightly messy application. Clean-up was tedious due to the micro glitter particles and dry time was so-so. But this is one of the gold polishes that complement my skin tone nicely, so I gladly tackle any hurdle Opi Golden Eye throws in my way!!

I ordered Opi Golden Eye through Bath & Unwind. This British e-tailer sells Opi since approximately late spring.

Do you love gold nail polish? Have you Opi Golden Eye in your stash?

Looking forward to reading your comments!!!

Thanks for reading!!
Christine

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christine! I got the mini set and Golden eye was included. Though mine did not have the runny formula problem, neither the big brush. I like Golden shades, but I don't wear them that often, so I'm happy with my tiny bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalia, oh that's good news then :-) I probably should have taken the mini set instead of the normal sized bottles ....

    ReplyDelete