Sunday 30 September 2012

The Fab five for Fall


Its this time of the year again: posts on the favorite polishes for fall pop-up throughout the nail polish blogger world. They are among my favorites and I usually post a comment. One of them I posted with I Heart Pretty Polish and thought - oh what the heck, let's post those colors on my own blog (since I got one) - so here we go

My selection:

From left to right:
China Glaze Manhunt
Zoya Toni
Opi Jade is the new Black
China Glaze Concrete Catwalk
Rescue Beauty Lounge Fortissimo


 I applied 2 Coats of each. I love the depth and saturation of all of these colors. Application on all of those was so simple and easy - just perfect. Admittedly Jade is the New Black makes it into any of my seasonal or yearly favorites. I wear it all year round!!



... and then I remembered that I left another comment with The Daily Varnish listing some other 5 polishes. So this speaks for a couple of things: lacking memory, so many polishes that I could easily select two completely different sets of favorites and my indecisiveness to pick 5 favorites only. So on to the second set:

China Glaze Adventure Red-y
Butter London Royal Navy
BB Couture Jealousy
Zoya Paloma
Opi We'll always have Paris


I again applied 2 Coats of each except Adventure Red-y - that was 1 Coat and Paloma that was 4 Coats. Also in this selection I added an all-time favorite of mine: Butter London Royal Navy. Another one I love to wear year-around be it on its or as base for any sparkle, glitter, flaky I find in my stash!


I picked those considering ALL finishes versus choosing creams only for my first selection. I picked Paloma not only because I really think its a gorgeous color on its own but because the trend of Topcoat Effects seems big (think Cult Nails Charade et al) but also because I truly appreciate Zoya's effort to give us a "plain" topcoat with no shimmer, flaky, glitter. It gives endless options and I have used it so far as to give my mani a different look after one day and for a jelly sandwich. At the time of the purchase I could not decide which of the three colors I should pick, so I took the complete set of three, that being Zoya Paloma, Zoya Katharine and Zoya Frida.

Final Note: I like the range of Creams a lot better. To me the selection seems more balanced. Let's put it that way: if I could use only 5 polishes for the next 5 months (ok let's not grow enthusiastic here, so let's say 2 months) it would be the first set.

I would love to hear about your seasonal favorites, please let me know by leaving a comment!! Thanks for reading :-) 


Christine



3 comments:

  1. Hi Christine!! Your blog is awesome!! I love Jade is the new black too!! Küssen sis!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis!!!!!! This means so much to me - Beijos to you too <3

      Delete
  2. Great picks! You should add the Google Friend Connect widget so I can follow and receive updates on my google reader:)

    ReplyDelete