Saturday 12 July 2014

Skittelette for #supergorgeousblog Challenge Day 12 Matchy-matchy

And another day when the #supergorgeousblog challenge I participate in on Instagram offers a theme that is easily translated on to nails: Matchy-matchy! The more challenging part of it was the theme itself. I am so not matchy-matchy IRL that I had to do a serious brain-racking session, now let's see, shall we?

Of course Skittelette was the way out. And my favorite pattern ever: navy-white striped clothing. Don't get me wrong, I am into stripes in all colors or width, on clothes, shoes, towels - well basically anything. But navy and white stripes have a lone leading position in my ranking. I currently own no less than four navy-white stripped dresses - but you didn't come to read about the contents of my wardrobe, right?

This is what I came up with:



Pinkie: three coats of Colors by Llarowe Candy is Dandy
Ring and Index: two coats of Cult Nails Time Traveler, stamped with MoYou Sailor Collection Plate 09 using Rica Stamping Polish in white
Middle: two coats Cult Nails Tempest, stripes Cult Nails Time Traveler, golden glitter: Girly Bits Love Ya Beach from A Box Indied for June
Thumb: two coats of Cult Nails Time Traveler, striped with Rica Stamping Polish in white, golden Glitter Girly Bits Love Ya Beach


I used one of those long thin nail art brushes I ordered from Harlow & Co for the stripes and simply dabbed the glitter down the middle. Truth being said - I screwed up the thumb - I did not consider that the stamping polish comes thicker than the regular polish and the lines ended up looking like fine lines of toothpaste.

I also took pictures of the mani before adding stripes and glitter:



And these were the polishes I used:


From left: Girly Bits Love Ya Beach, Cult Nails Tempest, Cult Nails Time Traveler, Colors by Llarowe Candy Is Dandy

I frankly like this better than the version with stripes - I am always in for the simpler version.

Final thoughts: In the end I was quite happy with my interpretation of matchy-matchy - and that Sailor Collection Plate 09 have already triggered some more ideas for navy-white striped dress matching Skittelettes ;-)

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine <3

1 comment:

  1. This is a cool design! I do like the glitter in the middle too - nice effect :-) Candy is Dandy looks amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete