Sunday 22 June 2014

Sunday Skittelette Time in teal and white

Early this year a couple of polish thoughts swirled through my brain: my non-experimental gravitation towards only a few brands, the purchases of too many nearly identical shades and finishes and the difficulty to snag polishes during launch-frenzy. The subscription to A Box Indied by Llarowe was the solution to all of the above. I now get a variety of brands in all colors and finishes at the relaxed pace of a subscription.  Not to mention the goodies for nail care that are flying my way in the one or the other box. So far all of them are divine and deserve a post of their own in the not too distant future.

But I get lost in my excitement over those boxes here - back to business at hand: SKITTELETTE TIME! A perfect solution to use more than one of my untrieds - today I have two beauties from Jindie Nails, both came in A Box Indied though not with the same. Still the two make a perfect pair: Jindie Nails Blue & Green's Love Child - a bright blue-green (read teal) holo and Kangaroo, Take Me Away a signature white glitter jelly holding round and hex glitter in aqua, green, light green, gold, brown and dark turquoise in a set of sizes.



Pinkie and middle: one coat of Jindie Nails Kangaroo, Take Me Away over two coats of Colors by Llarowe Coconut (an off-white jelly)
Ring: one coat of Picture Polish Marine stamped with Rica white stamping polish, pattern from MoYou Pro Collection 03
Index and thumb: two coats of Jindie Nails Blue & Green's Love Child


A couple of words on Jindie Nails Kangaroo, Take Me Away: a signature Jindie Nails polish, this beauty is sheer and would need three coats to provide a decent opacity. Adding the amount of glitter mixed in here you deal with quite a thick layer of polish with a rather uneven surface. I found layering it over a plain off-white jelly was the perfect solution. What you see in the pictures above is one (ONE) coat without fishing, poking and what have you to get glitter out of the bottle.

And some more on Jindie Nails Blue & Green's Love Child: rich and creamy this baby has a velvet character in application and probably opaque at one coat. I went for two anyhow and I have to report, that waiting a couple of minutes in between applying wouldn't have hurt, it was borderline dragging and only a featherlight hand prevented me from starting from scratch.

Last but not least a picture from the stamping image I used on my ring finger:

Both Jindie Nails polishes came in Llarowe's A Box Indied. I order MoYou stamping plates either from their own website or with Pshiiit Boutique. Rica Stamping Polish is relatively new to Harlow & Co and getting a white and a black bottle was one of my smarter buys. Picture Polish Marine is an old pal in my stash and I frankly cannot remember where I got it from but the sources are plentiful: their own website, Llarowe, Harlow & Co, Pshiiit Boutique, Overall Beauty to name a few.

And lastly Nell ready to explore his little kingdom.


I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. What pretties! Oh wow the 3 are really nice! Kangaroo Take Me Away looks stunning :-)

    Hehe your cat looks so cute, he looks like he is thinking about where to go! I have 3 cats but they are indoors cats. Went out and didn't like it so they stay indoors :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you sweetie :-)!! This combination sort of fell together because both those Jindies sat accidentially next to each other on my table :-). You got three cats? How wonderful! Nell was an explorer and outdoorsy guy from day one. It was so hard to keep him in the first few months, he could hardly stand it. However, as he now gets older, he is home more and more - love it ;-)

      Delete
  2. I really wish the original Aussie based What's Indie Box was available stateside because I'm with you, I think the variety and exposure is just wonderful, plus I'm sort of enamored with Aussie indies, lol. Your stamping is getting so good! I've always admired peacock feather designs and those MoYou plates in general are mighty tempting.
    And what a wonderful picture of Nell, looking calmly and determinedly at what lies ahead ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only recently heard of the Aussie original - IMAGINE if we could get THAT one - le sigh.... But I have to say Llarowe is as awesome and the variety of brands grow at a steady pace!! You are right about Nell - he is taking inventory of his close kingdom deciding which end to patrol first ;-) - cuddles to your babies xxx

      Delete
  3. What a great way to use more than one untrieds in one manicure! Love your skittlette!
    BUT I adore Nell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I knew you would love to see him!!! He is very welll and a very happy camper with the warm, sunny days!!! Thank you re the Skittelette, I have so many untrieds, need to do more of them ;-)

      Delete
  4. Lovely skittlette Christine! I especially like the jindie nails glitter, i was hesitating to get A box indied subscription. i might, but I'm still looking for a job, so it'll probably wait until I find one, that'll make me feel less guilty :P
    Gros bisous ma biche!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci mille fois ma belle!!! I habe to admit, that my spendings on polish dropped a lot since I subscribe to that box. I was hesitant for the exact same reason imagining that I add those 50 quids to my monthly spending but I actually rather prefer to wait for the box instead of stalking launches. Oh and if there is a particilarly pretty box you can get it indicidually without subscription too - love xxx

      Delete