Wednesday 16 April 2014

Mentality Polish Week: Sourball

I bet you detect a pattern by now - one day holo the next matte and back to holo!!! Today I have Mentality Sourball for you - a seafoam holo crelly. The holo seems to come from within its depth and throwing a dense soft linear holo in gold and turquoise. In the shade Sourball has a soft silver shine that nudges it close to metallic territory (and brushstroke territory as you can see in my photos).





 
I applied three thin coats of Mentality Sourball over Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat. The formula is more like a crelly-jelly. Thinner than a cream though more pigmented than a regular jelly. I tried medium thick coats and have to admit, I ran into some polish swirls and even brushstrokes (:-o - see my index). Also I strongly recommend to wait a couple of minutes in-between applying coats as the first time round, I created some polish dragging (another :-o). Dry time was ok and slapping on a coat of Glisten&Glow HK Girl brought out that silver shimmer beautifully.

Final thoughts: Mentality Sourball is a perfect spring holo, be it creams, be it holos, I am just smitten by this color for spring.

I ordered Mentality Sourball with Harlow&Co.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for stopping by :-)
Christine

8 comments:

  1. Photo #4!!!!! What a bee-yoo-tifulll color! You know lately I'm hung on greens, and this is like cosmic lettuce or something! :P You can hardly even see the brushstrokes in the sunlight anyway...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Melissa :-)!!!!! Oh you got me quite inspired on greens admittedly and I would love to be able to try this cosmic lettuce but then I might have to pack my towel and be ready, right? I am glad the brushstrokes were not too noticeable, but you know how it is, if you know it is there you feel like EVERYONE is staring at them ;-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Every time I see a Mentality polish, I love that brand even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne - I hope you got that one for yourself too? I have seen Pastille over at my nail polish online - oh my, that one is a stunner too!!!

      Delete
  3. I was about to get this one for not so long ago! Now I'll have to get it! Love it on you hon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just say visa-versa - this goes for me with Pastille - LOL - thank you sweetie xxx

      Delete
  4. What an unusual color and seafoam is such a funny word. ^^ Interesting finish too. Thanks for sharing this! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gelic - I agree, Seafoam is a funny word, and I love to say it too ;-)

      Delete