Wednesday 4 December 2013

Butter London Fire Duo

I take a small break from reviewing Picture Polish latest set of collaboration shades because I want to show you THESE:

Have you seen the two duos Butter London released? Aren't they just stunning? Today I have the Fire Duo for you: Rebel Fox - a dark red base with some brown undertones and filled with golden shimmer. It's pal Brass Monkey is a clear based shard and bar flakie Effect Top Coat.





 in artificial light:

I applied two coats of Butter London Rebel Fox. The consistency is thin and pigmentation is on the sheer side but gets nicely opaque in two coats. I would say the Rebel Fox is a crelly with shimmer looking in the end more like a metallic. Because sure as anything, it doesn't behave like your regular cream or shimmer polish. Rebel Fox is not selfleveling I found careful thin coats provide the most beautiful result of a very shimmery yet a tad jellyish mani.

Now let's have a look what the Topper Brass Monkey does for the mani:



 the above pictures are taken indoors in daylight, the below photo outside in the shade


 and in artificial light

I applied one coat of Butter London Brass Monkey over Rebel Fox. While the consistency is perfect to work with, I had to give the bottle repeatedly a vigorous shake to get a decent amount of flakies onto my nails every so often while painting. I am always stunned how such an apparently filled base can result in such sparse application…. oh well…. Dry time was fast and the result slightly dulled. Now what really delighted me, is that the surface of my nails was whether bumpy nor did I end up with thick polish pools. I also just had to smooth only one or two rebellious shards. I finished the mani with Cult Nails Wicked Fast Top Coat.

Final thoughts: While classy and elegant yet vampy this set has taken a slow start in my appreciation. In the beginning I was simply disappointed about how little you see of the shimmer on the nail and that Rebel Fox literally transformed into metallic. But my liking for Rebel Fox was growing ever since and now I am really taken by its sultry vampiness. By now I have worn the base color already twice as NOTD and this should say a thing or two about my liking of it. As for the Top Coat Brass Monkey, hmmmm, pretty and I really like the idea of the set and what have you but somehow it doesn't knock me out of my socks.

I ordered Butter London Fire Duo: Rebel Fox and Brass Monkey with Pshiiit Boutique.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

1 comment:

  1. I loooove Rebel Fox and I'm curious where the name comes from. I'll have to pay a visit to the BL site to find out. The two look really cool together but the Fox on its own is more striking. The whole transformation thing makes it sound like a most interesting polish.

    ReplyDelete