Friday 8 November 2013

Pahlish Olea Europaea

Olea Europaea is the second green holo of Pahlish's Fall Collection. This one is a dark olive with strong golden shimmer and soft holo shimmer mostly in blue and green tones with red sparking up around the edges. Side note: Olea Europaea means "oil from/of Europe" and is simply the Olive.




and outdoors in the sun:


and in the shade:

in artificial light:



I applied three coats of Pahlish Olea Europaea over Essence Hardening Nail Base. Olea Europaea is more pigmented than yesterdays Kalanchoe Luciae but still needing three coats to achieve a deep and saturated look. As I came to love with all my Pahlish polishes - it dries quickly and application was easy and selfleveling.

Final thoughts: Pahlish really made an excellent holo-debut (in case I missed earlier releases, please apologize). While indeed the holo is not smack in your face they offer enough other stuff going on in their polishes to make them look spectacular in any light. And those of you reading my Blog for a while now, know that I prefer my holos with a saturated base. I am now really curious to try my other Palish purchases from the Fall Collection.

I order my Pahlish polishes from their own Bigcartel shop here.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine



6 comments:

  1. Ooh, once again, a gorgeous polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome swatch and review as usual! :D I really liked this, the color seems vibrant in it's darkness without being too colorful, it's more like a mature polish. It's also not pale which often can be the case whit polishes that have a lot of "gray tones" in it. Well, if you know what I'm talking about.. lol :D Basically I think this polish looked amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gelic, awww thank you sweetie - you nailed it, it really is a mature polish and me too, I love that there isn't too much flat grey in it xxx

      Delete
  3. WOW this is a gorgeous shade and looks GREAT on you, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete