Thursday 7 November 2013

Pahlish Kalanchoe Luciae

This is the first time since I follow Pahlish nail polish that I see holos in their collections!!! The Pahlish Fall Collection holds no less than four holographic polishes!!! Two of them - well hard to guess - in GREEN!!! First up Kalanchoe Luciae - a lush bright green base filled with red and copper flecks and casting a soft holo glow mostly in turquoise. In botanic life, Kalanchoe Luciae is a beautiful succulent plant in a happy bright green, it's leaves fringed in red - here a link to the wikipedia site about those succulents, in case anyone feels like a dose of education ;-)!!!






the above picture was taken without Top Coat on my nails, the below with Top Coat. I find the holo effect is just the tiniest bit diminished, frankly, not visible to the eye


outdoor photos:



last but not least in artificial light:


I applied three coats of Palish Kalanchoe Luciae over Essence Hardening Nail Base. The formula is typical Pahlish-sheerness and equally typical builds up nicely in three coats. Indeed, it is not overly pigmented but each single coat flows so evenly and nicely on the nail and dries quickly. Also I never had the feeling with any of my Pahlish, that I would have a ton of polish on my nails. So thumbs up for their sheer formula - it is excellent!!!

Final thoughts: What a great lush and intense green - I am in love. The coppery red flecks are awesome and I just love how different Kalanchoe Luciae can look different in any light!!

I order my Pahlish polishes with their own Bigcartel shop here.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine







11 comments:

  1. Pretty green! I think it would be great for Christmas. April's favorite color is green so whenever I see it, I think of her <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Essie - you are right, it definitely had something Christmas-y!! I can feel with April - green is one of my favorites too <3

      Delete
  2. Wow, this was so beautiful! I really loved the color of this! The perfect green nuance and I liked it even though it's not crazy-holographic, the holo plays a different role here, more like if it's emphasizing the green color. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gelic, you worded it perfectly! It is one of those holos that remain "alive" due to the saturated base and the stuff that goes on besides the holo <3

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous green! I just love the little flecks of red in there... so striking and unexpected. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Yun, I was surprised to see those flecks too, the bottle didn't reveal all its secrets by jist looking at it ;-)

      Delete
  4. This is a gorgeous green! I love the gentle flickers of holo sparkle. About every year, I manage to kill a kalanchoe. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it Melissa!!! I love suculents but have to admit that I don't have many - just one bigger palm, I am sure plants appreciate me circumventing them and just admiring them from afar - LOL - or wear polishes named after them ;-)!!! Is this species difficult to keep? As you see, I am clueless!!! :-o

      Delete
  5. Oh it is so puh-reeeetty! I love green, and this one is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete