Monday 11 November 2013

Comparison week: Cult Nails Grunge vs NCLA The Spa Comes To Me

Over the last couple of weeks I got the one or the other comparison request plus I have some new KBShimmers that call out "comparison" loud. So I start with a comparison I wanted to do for a while for myself - Cult Nails Grunge vs NCLA The Spa Comes To Me. Both of them are greyed out khaki creams:





Pinkie and middle: NCLA The Spa Comes To Me
Middle and index: Cult Nails Grunge
Two coats of each over Essence Hardening Nail Base, no Top Coat. Both are easy to apply (with Grunge a smidgen ahead) and dry quickly

outdoors

Differences:
Color: Grunge is a bit darker and cooler toned. The Spa Comes To Me seems to have a nearly milky quality next to Grunge.
Formula: Grunge is thinner and selfleveling and dries very shiny. The Spa Comes To Me is certainly not thick but not really selfleveling and will show any irregularities on your nails.
Costs: Grunge: USD 12.00, NCLA The Spa Comes To Me USD 16.00

artificial light:

Verdict: I think it is safe to say you won't need both. The difference colorwise is minimal and I find both very flattering next to my skin. Personally, I prefer Cult Nails Grunge.

I ordered Cult Nails Grunge with their own website and NCLA The Spa Comes To Me with Pshiiit Boutique.

And here the question that you will read repeatedly this week: Which of the two would you prefer?

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

4 comments:

  1. Hi pet! What a great theme! I love comparisons! These were very similar and I love the color! My cup of tea! They look fantastic on you darling! Viele Küsschen!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comparison, Christine! You're right, they're close enough that you don't need both. They look awesome on you! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I never thought such a lovely and sophisticated lady could rock such grungy shades, but you DO! They look just beautiful on you...and I think they look almost just alike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this color of nail polish. You probably don't have Ulta around there, but this reminds me of Ulta Army of 1. Also, OPI Thanks a Windmillion. Love it!

    ReplyDelete