Saturday 16 March 2013

Saturday Skittlette featuring Opi Don't Burst My Bubble

When Marta from ChitChatNails reviewed Opi's Wizard of Oz Collection I was thrilled by Don't Burst My Bubble. Sheer polishes are hard for me to carry off due to my ridged nails. Mind you, I buff them regularly but I just cannot justify to file them down paper thin to get rid of all those annoying ridges.

I wore the polish on its own at three coats and my ridges were not showing too badly. Still, I felt a lot safer to go with a Skittlette:


Pinkie: two coats of A England Excalibur
Ring: three coats of Opi Burst My Bubble, square studs from Pshiiit Boutique 
Middle and Index: three coats of Burst My Bubble stamped with A England Excalibur. I used a pattern from my DRK-C Plate

I love the super delicate and girly look of this Skittlette. The stamping and the studs hide the remaining visible ridges well - so goal achieved ;-) - but I got another two pictures for ya:


the above picture is taken indoors in daylight, the picture below in artificial light


While the Skittlette looks washed out now that I see the pictures on my Blog I still like its delicacy and prettiness. I will maybe revisit those sheer and soft colors only once my hands got rid of the winter pallor ;-)

I ordered Opi Don't Burst My Bubble with NailEtc.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

13 comments:

  1. Lovely mani, really "chitchat-y"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much, Christine! I have such a soft spot for sheer jellies and I'm actually going in to pick up a couple of Oz colors at my polish watering hole this afternoon. Anyhoo, Don't Burst My Bubble is so beautiful on you and your delicate accents are just perfect. Nicely done, sis ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sis, this means so much to me - thank you <3!!! I guessed as much from reading your posts ;-). I hope you had one big spending spree at your polish watering hole and brought home tons of beauties soon to be seen?!?!?!!! Saturday with me equals being burried in household chores (eeeek) - have a lovely Sunday xxx

      Delete
  3. Very delicate and pretty look! I've found that using Instant Artificials over my treatment base really helps smooth out my ridges so I don't have to be so aggressive with buffing them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thank you so much for your lovely comment :-)!!! And of course thank you for your helpful advice - now here comes the dummie question: could you possibly explain Instant Artificials? I am so sorry but I am not really familiar with any of them. I am living in Switzerland and the nailpolish / nailart hipe only seems to start reaching our shores - imagine, we can buy China Glaze only since last summer in stores here!!!

      Delete
  4. Hallo liebling! What a great skittlette!! I love the stamped nails!! Great job! The pink look really good on you too! Küsschen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Schätzli (this is Schätzchen in Swiss German)!!!! Thank you soooo much - YEAH you liked it - Jiiiipie :-))))) - now I feel sooo smug ;-). I have to admit I was pleased with the stamping myself - I am SOOO clumsy and every other stamping turns out just rubbish :-S - have a lovely Sunday - Küsschen xxx

      Delete
  5. Love everything about this mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you sooooo much Vicky, I am BEAMING here :-) xxx

      Delete
  6. Love this mani! It's so soft and sweet! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yun - thank you so much, I am happy that you liked it :-) xxx

      Delete