Tuesday 8 October 2013

Pahlish Root Beer Barrel

Pahlish offers next to Duos and current collections a line of core polishes. Root Beer Barrel is one of them - a brown jelly filled with copper and yellow to green shifting glitter and yellow FLAKIES!!!! It was difficult to get that green shifting thing into my pictures but in the first photo below you can see the shift in the bottle.




 The pictures above are taken indoors in daylight, the photos below outside in the shade



I applied two effortless coats of Root Beer Barrel over Essence Nail Hardening Base. What can I say about the formula? It is just perfect and smooth and easy to apply. As I came to expect of any Pahlish it dries quickly to a slightly dull finish. Root Beer Barrel is very packed with glitter and flakies that distribute evenly and densely over the nails. The surface is smooth and you will get a high shine finish with one coat of your regular Top Coat - I used my Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer.

I wanted to show you some more of those pretty glitters and flakies - just have a look how they come alive when the mani is mattified:


Final thoughts: Dark based glitters are one of my biggest weaknesses - oh well, who am I about to fool - nail polish is my weakness!!! But I just cannot resist a nice dark based glitter……

I ordered Pahlish Root Beer Barrel with Pahlish Bigcartel e-shop here. Oh by the way - there is a nice feature in that e-shop showing the availability of the products in %!!!

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

12 comments:

  1. I love it Christine! the name of this polish makes me a little dizzy, lol
    For once I prefer your glossy version of this beauty. And you're right, darkbase glitters are awesome, always if the formula is as good as this one! I have some drugstore black based glitter that... well, I'm not fond of.
    Bisous, ma biche, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut ma chère!!! Thank you so much <3!!! I had to google Root Beer and frankly, I don't see myself liking it (I hardly drink sweetened soft drinks) but the polish is a different matter - I like the glossy version better too but I wanted to show the "ingredients" which were so hard to capture :-S - have a wonderful day - bisous xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I got this one, too! a gorgeous color, but this time I prefer the shiny version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am not surprised ;-) and I like the glossy version better too but the matte is bringing all that glitter into visibility in my photos ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hi pet! I love this! Gorgeous! And when I saw it matte I almost fainted!! Lol! I like it glossy too, but as matte - woooooooow!! Viele Küsschen!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie - LOL you went through the whole oxygen/air thing right? Though your IG comment was the best :-D!!!! IRL the matte looks a bit flat but I had to add it as it shows off that glitter and color shift so well - viele Küsschen xxx

      Delete
  4. It's gorgeous matted! Can you see the flakie shift on the nail too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Becca - I DID - it was less visible IRL though - funny isn't it? Maybe I also just have to check my glasses ;-)

      Delete
  5. I love this polish!! It's so elegant, yet totally flashy too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this was so beautiful! great photos too. I'm adding this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an awesome fall shade, I have to say! Love it! :D And it looks amazing matte too... the glitters and flakes stand out so well in that. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a unique polish! Great for fall too :) The flakies combined with the jelly texture look amazing!

    ReplyDelete