Friday 9 August 2013

Nubbins week: Joss Tantastic Glow

Another no-no-no-go for me with nubs are neutrals. They turn my fingers into stumps and just don't have the nail-space they need to show-off their elegance properly. My solution: Joss Tantastic Glow - a taupe holo-foil. I hear you there is no such official thing like a holo-foil but look at the pictures and tell me what else would describe this finish any better:



 the above two pictures are taken indoors in daylight, all other photos outside in the sun and the shade







I applied two coats of Tantastic Glow over Nfu Oh Aqua Base - no experiments there - I automatically reach for my beloved Nfu Oh Aqua Base when I apply a holographic nailpolish, so I cannot really report on the behavior of them when applied over a regular Base Coat. The consistency of Tantastic Glow is velvety, smooth and very easy to apply.

Final thoughts: Now what would you call the look of Tantastic Glow in the shade - it looks like a foil, right? The holo effect is not super strong but I like those softer holos as much as the intense ones. Especially for the office or on overcast days - the polish still looks saturated and intense.

I ordered Joss Tantastic Glow with Llarowe.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine


12 comments:

  1. This color is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like a holo foil! It's completely gorgeous and looks wonderful on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always - totally, utterly sweet - thank you Melissa <3!!!

      Delete
  3. Another gorgeous nude holo ♥♥ It's got kind of a rose gold quality in the shade! Beautiful, sis :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis - EXACTLY - there is rose gold in it!!!! Thank you xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi pet! Now this was a gorgeous polish!! I definitely think you can call it a holo foil! Why not!? If it is a foil with holo in it so is it! ;) Why shouldn't you be able to turn a foil into a holo...? It must work!! :D
    Nudish holos are perfect for short nails! And both for office and party I my opinion :)
    Have a great evening hon! Viele Küsschen!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie - thank youuuuu!!!!! I am glad you approve of my interpretation. I am always on the fence, I find this is such an individual interpretation. Haha exactly, one of those items that you could use for an article in a women's magazine on "from work to going out". I hope you have a wonderful evening dear friend, viele, viele Küsschen xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh, a brand I haven't heard about! :D I liked the color too, like champagne or something. And yes, it could be a foil, I guess holo is just the rainbows and then the finish sometime feels like foil, other times like shimmer and some time even like jelly! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gelic, it was unknown to me as well until Llarowe launched it some weeks back. And you put it so rightly, champagne with holo on the nail - LOL!!!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous color! I think a holo foil is a brilliant name for this type of holo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina, thank you so much - I racked my brain and then some more but did not come up with something else than holo foil ;-)!!! I am happy that you like it <3

      Delete