Thursday 17 January 2013

Tuning week with Zoya: Yummy


I should have stopped buying cotton blue colored polishes after I got Zoya Yummy because no matter how many other cotton blues I have bought since, this is the polish I look for when I am in the mood for happy and bright blue nails. Zoya Yummy was released in 2008 as part of Zoya's Candy Collection.


These are two coats of Zoya Yummy over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. Yummy has an awesome formula, application was smooth and easy.

Did you have a chance to see Girly Bits Eight Crazy Nights that was released as part of their Season of Sparkle Collection? Just look at its prettiness:


I dabbed Girls Bits Eight Crazy Nights near the cuticles of my nails and finished off the look with one coat of Butter London Hardwear.

I order my Zoya polishes with Nailcare Club and with Pshiiit Boutique .
I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Essie, hope your nails are healing, I miss you though what a great idea with those guest posts!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! I looooove this one!!!
    Being a blue-oholic I almost got a nailgasm now!!! ;)
    I need this polish and I need it NOW!!! ;)
    The nail art you did with it looks beautiful!
    I prefer it clean though I think bacause it's so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovey, thank you :-)!!! I see what you mean and this kind of nailart is as good as it gets with me ;-)!!! I also tried the glitter over the whole nail and was like meh - such a shame to cover up this pretty polish ;-)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous glitter mani!! Yummy is a pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous blue! I almost picked this up during the 3 Free sale. Yummy is so stunning on you, Christine :) And I love the glitter accents, so tastefully perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liesl, thank you so much!!! I also took my own sweet while before picking it up - LOL!!! I also love those bright blues in winter - with glitter combined I call it glacier look ;-)

      Delete
  5. This is really yummy! I love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina, I studied tons of your posts to understand the trick of how to apply glitter on parts of the nail and this is the result :-)

      Delete
  6. Gosh, Christine, this is a beautiful shade! I don't think I own anything similar, so very pretty! <3
    I like the version with glitter because it ads a nice touch without hiding the gorgeous colour, well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nati, mille fois remercie for your compliment!!! Maybe Goopy Blue is at least a bit similar??? And thank you for your supportive comment on the glitter, I think I did it about three times before I was happy with it - LOL

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful! I've been into the blues lately, but don't have either of these. Might have to add them to the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)!!! There are plenty of awesome bright blues out there, right now I wear Sinful Colors Aquamarine, another awesome color that I just received this week and got catapulted into my Olymp of favorites - I will post pictures and some comments this coming Sunday in my "NOTDs of the Week". But Yummy indeed is incredible and the Girly Bits is incredibly versatile!!!

      Delete