Friday 28 December 2012

Nfu Oh 51 over Zoya Mimi


I just recently posted Nfu Oh 51 layered over Nails Inc Belgrave Place which was a bit of a let down because Belgrave Place is so vibrant.

New try: Nfu Oh 51 over Zoya Mimi from their Sparkle Summer 2010 Collection. I started out with three coats of Mimi. While I did not forget its sheerness I totally forgot about the endless drying time - le sigh....

Since Mimi is such a beauty she deserves a photo on her own ;-):


After what felt hours I added two layers of Nfu Oh 51 - wasn't the waiting time worth it?






And for comparison a photo of Nfu Oh 51over Belgrave Place (left) and over Zoya Mimi (right):


Final ranting errr -thoughts: Because I originally planned for another mani I did not use my usual Zoya Base Coat but A England The Knight - no issues from that side. By the time I was ready to apply the Top Coat I was way late for leaving the house and just slapped on Poshe Top Coat. Luckily I snapped some pictures before rushing out because Poshe and Zoya apparently don't like each other. I had serious polish shrinkage within no time!!!! Oh bummer, it's Murphy's law - whenever I opt for immaculate nails I screw up :-S Next time I will go for something true and known - no experimenting at the last minute....probably ;-P

I wonder - are you familiar with this sort of experience??

Purchase info: I ordered Zoya Mimi with Nailcare Club and Nfu Oh 51 with Phsiiit Boutique .

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine





2 comments:

  1. I should throw Mimi on my wish list. With the Zoya promo coming up, this may be one I NEED! :) These look really pretty together - kindof like Max Factor Fantasy Fire! I don't really get the shrinkage thing. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. For me, it's not a certain top coat or polish??? Maybe it's the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi is AWESOME beside its thin formula, which I don't mind at all - it opens just so many layering options!!!! Ahhh you have the opportunity to benefit from the Zoya offer - it is not available outside Continental US :-S - my wallet is grateful ;-). I was pretty astonished myself, I hardly experience any issues with nailpolish, be it shrinkage or chipping. You might be right, but my first guess would be the combination of the three formulas might not have been ideal. I don't own Fantasy Fire - but I am a big fan of exactly this effect :-)

      Delete