Thursday 27 December 2012

NailNation 3000 Eve #403

A couple of weeks ago Llarowe launched NailNation 3000. They offer some pretty unique holographic and shade shifting polishes. But what got me most exited was the availability of a Base and Top Coat.

The Base Coat is green and claimed to smell of Green Apple. As mentioned before, I am not into scented polishes of any kind and this is no exception. The scent is nice though and not dominating - for the reference to Green Apples though... I would not know.... The consistency is thin and the green tint helps neutralizing stained nails - I actually was quite surprised to see the remarkable difference it made. The Base Coat dries incredibly fast.


NailNation 3000 Eve #403 got all I love in a nailpolish: it is blue, holographic (very subtle though), and holo sparkle. The formula has just the right consistency and flows easily onto the nail. The first coat looked thin and streaky but the second coat provided a decent opacity. Dry time is very fast. I banged my nails on an open window about ten to fifteen minutes after applying and as you can see in the photo: no dents or scratches. It dries somewhat gritty and you might like to apply two layers of  a thicker Top Coat or three coats of a thinner Top Coat.

indoors in artificial light

indoors in daylight


outdoors in the sun (a tad blurry to show the sparkle)

The brush is small, round and has soft bristles. The round thick cap makes it a bit weird to hold and the bristles on one side of my brush are sort of whooshy that made application hard to control but the other side worked perfectly.

The Top Coat claims to dry in 45 seconds. Let's get it out of the way: it is true BUT the smell is rather acid. After one minute it was safe to touch the surface of my nail. I was totally curious if the Top Coat would diminish the holo effect - I nearly flapped over when I realized it actually did not. The Top Coat is very thin. I needed three coats to get a smooth nail surface.


Final thoughts: I am very happy to have included Nail Nation 3000 in my stash and love Eve #403. I have two more polishes by them that I will show you soon :-)! I am especially exited about the Green Base Coat.

Are you familiar with Nail Nation 3000?

I bought all Nail Nation 3000 products from Llarowe.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out Nail Nation 3000! That holo looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) - please let me know what you think of the others!!!

      Delete
  2. You know that you can take the silver cap off to make it easier to use.

    ReplyDelete