Sunday 14 October 2012

Specialita HITS Bananasplit

My wonderful friend in Brazil has spoiled me with a biiiig box of yummies - she really made my week!!!! For the past 2 days I have been playing with all those polishes whenever I could find some time.

First up HITS Bananasplit from their Mari Moon line. A slightly tinted base filled to the gills with rainbow glitter. You think Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday? Well a good thought but Bananasplit is loaded with gold glitter while Happy Birthday got tons of silver glitter. Or KB Shimmer Clown Puke? Not bad either but I don't own this polish, so I cannot really tell, it seems though that Clown Puke got some bar glitter, which Bananasplit does not.


The second I unwrapped this sparkiliciousness ideas started to pop what to do with it. A jelly sandwich did not cross my mind though (??? seriously ???) - I am so grateful to Pretty Digits to have thrown this idea my way. 

I started out with 2 coats of Zoya Katharine from their Gloss Collection. I painted my thumb with 1 coat of Illamasqua's Swinger from the Naked Strangers Collection



Hmmm, I actually quite liked this and hope to remember wearing it on its own soon...

Next up I layered 1 coat of HITS Bananasplit over it:



and last but not least I layered another coat of Zoya Katherine - unfortunately I ruined my thumb in the process so its no longer on the picture :-S







I like this jelly sandwich a lot and I would rather wear it this way than without the last layer of Zoya Katherine.

The formula of Bananasplit is a tad gloppy so you got to be careful to prevent massive clusters of glittered polish. But since it is soooo loaded with glitter there is no need to dab plain spots.

Next up I tried HITS Bananasplit over Kiko 384. First up a picture showing Kiko 384 on its own. This goes on so effortlessly and is opaque in 1 coat, dries within minutes. Another one I need to wear soon on its own.......


...and then topped with 1 coat of HITS Bananasplit:


...and then mattified:


While I liked the shiny version, the mattified finish is totally up my alley and I could even wear this for work!!!!!!!

Purchase info: I buy all my Zoya's with Nailcare Club, Kiko 384 was a gift from a wonderful friend who brought it back from Italy recently. HITS Bananasplit was one of many gems I received from my sister in polish in Brazil - thanks again for all your thoughts and time that went into filling this box of treasures <3 <3 <3

Do you also like mattified glitters? Could you wear this for work? Looking forward to reading your comments!!!

Thanks for reading!!!
Christine


2 comments:

  1. I love the jelly mani, it looks so edible! The glitter looks great over the blue as well. Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis!!! Soooo glad you like it! You made wonders, marvels with Banana Split!! Will for sure copy your blue mani, awesome, need to mattify my glitters too!! Beijos

    ReplyDelete