Wednesday 22 January 2014

Wingdust Bean Me!

Wingdust is one of those Indie brands that always manage to captivate my eye, get me into ordering those beautiful glitters and then I end up not wearing them - inexplicable, you agree? Wing Dust Bean Me! is a newer creation - if I am not mistaken it was released either November or December last year. It is a chocolate brown jelly with glitters ranging from small to saucer sized in silver, copper and teal - what an amazing color combination!!!



The above pictures are taken indoors in day and artificial light, the below photo outside in the shade


I applied two coats of Wing Dust Bean Me! over Essence Hardening Nail Base. As with any jelly that is seriously loaded with glitter I find the application needs certain care. I mentioned previously, that I use to apply my first coat relatively sparse of glitter to achieve an even layer of the base color. In the above pictures I then applied a thicker second coat that sprinkled my nails with tons of glitter (except for the saucers who were rather difficult for me to get out of the bottle). For a darker base I suggest to go with three thin coats - I tried it on my Cinderella hand and while the brown is not remarkably darker, it looks more saturated. In the end it depends if you like a more jelly or cream finish. Dry time is fairly quick and the surface is slightly bumpy. One layer of Glisten&Glow HK Girl didn't smooth out the bumpiness on all nails but I was fine with it nonetheless.

Final thoughts: Wing Dust Bean Me! is so unique and special with its unexpected (though very complementing) color combination. I have a couple of more untried Wing Dusts in my drawer so stay tuned for some more of their pretties!!!

I ordered Wing Dust Bean Me! with Llarowe (there it is currently sold-out). Wing Dust also has an own shop on Etsy.

And here comes Nell - this is what he looks like if he is displeased with me, the weather and his misly life as a cat in general - LOL. He was miffed that I didn't have the time to follow him around the apartment forever until he decides where he wants to settle for a little nap and above all he got photographed.


I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

7 comments:

  1. So I feel like some of these polishes are just fun to own and it's okay if you never wear them or only wear them once). Okay, maybe never wearing is pushing the envelope ;) This is a terrifically unique polish by yet another indie I know I do myself a disservice by not exploring. Brown polishes are really not my thing but this one is fabulously executed and you wear it wonderfully! Poor, put upon Nell ;) Life's got to be hard when you have something 6x your size dictating your creature comforts, lol. Your whole scenario up there reminds me of Sal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you sis xxx!!! I have to admit thar I started to like browns quite a lot as of late, especially the spiced up versions like Bean Me. The dark shades complement my pale skin better than the dark purples or maybe I am just in nailpolish explorer mood - LOL! Cuddles to Sal ;-) life among us must be THE hardest thing ever :-D

      Delete
  2. Aw, Nell is so cute!!
    I love that glitter! Those colors look great together! I need to get some Wingdusts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon - you would love the Wingdust range, the glitters all have a very playful and unexpected mix of colors <3

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous polish! I haven't bought any Wing Dusts in a while, as they have stopped shipping overseas with their Etsy shop (scandalous!) and I don't order with Llarowe too often anymore (the restocks are just too irritating...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-)! Oh bummer, I every so often went over to their Etsy store but found the offer never carrying the polishes I was looking for. And the restocks with Llarowe have improved already - and soon there should be a totally new site up!! ;-)

      Delete
  4. very unusual, kudos to the unique idea and the flakies/sparkles, for a different look, a bit dark

    ReplyDelete