Thursday 12 December 2013

My polish choices for the Holidays: Crows Toes Indian Summer

Last year, I did a week of neutral and classy Holiday manis, trying to show that also going understated doesn't mean that you would have to skip bling. This year I want to show you what I plan to wear on my nails over the Holidays though I haven't yet decided which to wear when or if they might not get replaced - but todays number Crows Toes Indian Summer, will be among my chosen ones for sure.

Indian summer is a red base with a strong duchrome shift to a vivid blue leaning purple. As this post is VERY picture heavy I stop babbling on and show you this beauty:





the above pictures are taken indoors in daylight, the below photos outside in the sun




outdoors in the shade


and under water

I applied three thin coats of Crows Toes Indian Summer over Essence Hardening Nail Base. As to be expected with such a duo chrome, the formula is sheer and appears streaky upon the first coat. But Indian Summer builds to perfect opacity at three coats. I tried a second slightly thicker coat on my middle finger but frankly prefer the thin three coats. You might detect the slightest of brushstrokes on my middle finger due to the thicker second coat. It dries quickly and while it shines nice enough on its own, I still added some extra gloss with a Top Coat. I also found it helpful to wrap my tips in polish.

Final thoughts: Crows Toes Indian Summer is simply my most beautiful duochrome I own - I totally understand why at any re-stock it sells out within minutes. I am frankly at a loss of words here, it is plain stunning!!!

I ordered Crows Toes Indian Summer with Llarowe.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

13 comments:

  1. Christine you're killing me! I first saw this and was like, "I can pass on this one." Now I saw YOUR swatches and I'm like, "I'll take 8 bottles please." You know, a back up for my back up for my back up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL LOL Wow Becca, this is the biggest compliment you could have made me - thank you tons xxx

      Delete
  2. LOL at Becca's comment!! ;) This polish is AMAZING. I'm absolutely wild about that plummy color it turns in the sunlight!! I might actually *like* summer if it was this pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, indeed Becca's comment is priceless!!! Thank you so much and I agree, if summer would be anything like this color I would like it way more too ;-)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, Christine, this is stunning! The colors in there are so vibrant and the color shift so strong... just amazing! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yun, it is, isn't it? I am so happy you like it - thank you <3

      Delete
  4. I've had my eyes on this one, and I thought I might pass it. Now I think I can't :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon and to make the long story short: no you cannot give a pass on it - sorry ;-)

      Delete
  5. Yeah I have turned a blind eye to this one, but wow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I promise you will love it :-)

      Delete
  6. What a beauty! I definitely have to keep trying to get a bottle of it (no luck yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xxx! You kiddin'? I was sure you would have gotten a bottle, I cross my fingers that the next re-stock will happen soon :-)

      Delete
  7. wow, that really is an amazing polish!

    ReplyDelete