Thursday 15 August 2013

Textured Finish Week: Opi Wharf! Wharf! Wharf!

By now you certainly have seen a mass of reviews of Opi's Fall Collection San Francisco. I only picked three of them for me - one of them Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! Side note: while I understand the meaning of "Wharf" I find the name ridiculously silly - Bark! Bark! Bark!



The above two pictures are taken indoors in daylight, the below photo in the sun 


I applied two coats of Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. The formula is thin and very pigmented. But despite my usual experience of an application that would require some advanced level in painting nails Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! glides on the nail easily and controllable. But I admittedly very carefully controlled the amount of polish on the brush - no need to give flooding any chance - imagine that mess with such a dark navy blue - eeeeks!!! Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! has the longest dry time of all textured polishes from all brands I tried so far. Once dry it keeps a nice sheen that can even twinkle in the direct sun thanks to the textured character which lifts Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! from that wall-paint look that I admittedly don't really fancy.

Final thoughts: very classy version of a textured finish polish. The absence of glitter gives Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! a cool elegance that makes it so wearable for any occasion.

Lastly a photo of Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! and the dress I wore - doesn't it fit perfectly?



I bought Opi Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! at Manor. Yes, they now also sell Opi and given the fact that they were still building up the display when I passed by, I take it is a rather new addition to their range of brands.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

8 comments:

  1. Pretty polish! But yes, the name is ridiculous... *shakes head at OPI's polish names*

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yun - thank you so much!!! Haha I could not resist the teasing about the name - and barking was about the first thing that came to my mind ;-P - take care <3!!!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't going to give this a second thought but my goodness, you've made it look gorgeous! But yeah...so many of OPI's names are completely ridic. I love how well this matches your pretty dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liesl, thank you so much and whoaza, I could tempt you to consider getting this, I feel honored!!!! Agreed about the names - sometimes I wish it would be numbers only - I have no way of memorizing those endlessly long or completely ridiculous names!!! This is one of my fav summer dresses b.t.w. it is utterly girly with a flaring short skirt and smocked bodice in the same material ;-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Cool with a navy blue texture polish! But I agree that I would be scared for it to flood the cuticles since it seemed very pigmented :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gelic, thank you love, haha that would be one hell of smurfmania with all that blue - LOL!!! At least the formula was totally manageable if an eye was kept on the polish riding on the brush ;-)

      Delete
  4. This color looks *fabulous* on you. I think it's my favorite color on you during your texture week. I didn't care for it in other reviews, but you make me change my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa - uh-oh blushing here!!! Thank you hon!!! And I believe we will be in for so many more textured polishes in the next couple of months I am sure you will see the one or the other that gives a nod in your direction - have you seen the ones from Jessica? So classy!!

      Delete