Monday 12 August 2013

Textured Finish Week: Dance Legend Wine Stone

I think it is high time that I dedicate a full week all those awesome textured polishes available right now. Some of my readers might know that I jumped that bandwagon back when Opi launched their first Liquid Sands as part of the Mariah Carey Collection.

Wine Stone is my first Dance Legend polish EVER. Dance Legend is a Russian brand that roamed the blogs for their holographic polishes. But they also have quite a range of textured polishes - they call them Sahara Crystal - what a nice name!!! Now Wine Stone that you find in certain wines at the bottom of the bottle sometimes and mind you - THIS IS A GOOD SIGN FOR THE WINE. Why I tell you all of that? I am at a loss at describing the color differently, than it really looks like some wine stone can do. It is not brown, not bordeaux, not mauve - maybe raisin is the most appropriate color name for it and heavily interspersed with light pink glitter - glinting just like wine stone when exposed to sun. Sufficiently confused - hahaha - sorry - let's just move on to the pictures:



the above two pictures are taken indoors in daylight, the below photos outside, the first in the sun, the second in the shade



I applied two coats of Wine Stones over Essence XXL Nail Thickener (yay - finally the temperatures dropped and my go-to Base Coat behaves itself again). The formula of Wine Stone is SUPERB!!! The consistency is slightly thick but glides on smoothly and evenly. Still I would suggest to use two coats as the first coat might end up a tad uneven in daylight. The polish is easy to control and dries rather fast. Wine Stone REALLY has a rough surface once dry, but then that's what we are looking for with textured polishes, no? Removal was as with any glitter-texture - a bit more tedious than creams but not as hard as with your usual glitters.

A couple of words about the cap and the brush: the cap is BIG! It has a slightly roughed pattern on it which makes it easy to hold despite the sturdiness. The brush comes in a normal length and is on the soft side. It is flattened but not overly wide - perfect to paint pinkies without flooding the entire tip of the finger. At the same time the brush is not so narrow that you need a dozen or so brush strokes to paint your wider nails. The "stem" is a bit longer than average which is great - should I ever empty my bottle halfway down I still won't have to tilt and bend the bottle to get sufficient polish onto the brush. However, this calls for some caution when opening the bottle and start painting - the brush is heavily loaded with polish and keeps fed from polish flowing down the stem. I whipped off the brush thoroughly before painting and still had enough polish on it to paint a nail in one go. Should you need to "refuel" your brush during application of one nail this is no issue (I tried). The consistency of Wine Stone allows an invisible short interception of painting one nail.

For reference I placed a Cult Nails brush next to the Dance Legend brush (on top in the above picture)

Final thoughts are very simple: This will not remain my only Dance Legend Sahara Crystal polish for sure!!!

I ordered Dance Legend Wine Stone with Llarowe.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

12 comments:

  1. Sahara Crystal, what a beautiful name :) Beautiful polish too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina, it is, isnt it? Thank you so much love xxx

      Delete
  2. Very nice...and what a lovely name! :) I'm glad to read your thoughts on textured polishes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa - thank you so much. I had you firmly in my thoughts and thought: how would Melissa put this? - You have such a great way of putting views into words, I can learn tons from you

      Delete
  3. Hi pet! This must be such a gem in your constantly increasing texture collection!! It's very unique and very textured ;) Perhaps a tiny bit textured for me ;) I'm not a hard core like you yet ;) lol!
    Great brush comparison! Have a great evening and sleep tight! <3 Viele Küsschen!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi doll, it is a real rare bird that one - haha, thank you love <3!!! I understand if it goes too far into textured territory. I might be assuming here but I would guess that even Dance Legend didn't intend such a "Sahara-like" finish - LOL!!! have a wonderful rest of the afternoon my dear friend - viele Küsschen xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi, I liked this, the color felt very unique and I really like this texture trend! :D I actually even bought that very first sand collection from OPI! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gelic - thank you so much :-)!!!! I bet - you have that great orange - I so look forward seeing that Opi over at yours ;-)

      Delete