Thursday 4 July 2013

My Summer Stars: KBShimmer The Dancing Green

The Dancing Green from KBShimmer's Summer Collection Dance All Night definitely belongs into my Summer Stars week:



I applied three coats of KBShimmer Dancing Green over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. While I love the color combination and the final effect, I experienced glitter clumping AND polish pooling with this one. Mind you the base of the polish is not runny or difficult to control, I just had a tad of a challenge to "uncluster" the glitter and get those polish pools straightened - just look at what was loaded on my index :-S!!! The Dancing Green dries down to a half matte finish - in the pictures above it is finished with A England The Shield Top Coat for the shiny version.

Of course I wanted to show you the matte version (as always I used Essie Matte About You):



Final thoughts: next time, I will layer The Dancing Green over a green base - just to circumvent the glitter traffic jam. Still, it is one of my Summer Stars being so bright, happy and ready to party :-D

I ordered KBShimmer The Dancing Green with Harlow & Co.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

6 comments:

  1. Hi pet! What a gorgeous polish you are showing us today!! I can so understand why this is one of your Summer Stars! :D
    This time I actually like the glossy version best! But the matte version is great too ;)
    I love the base color! It's such a vibrant green! :D Viele Küsschen!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie, thank you xxx - so happy that you like this green :-)!!!! I am in for the glossy version myself but somehow the matte is very, very special as well!!! Puss, puss and cuddles to Smilla xxx

      Delete
  2. I think this is my favorite from the collection! I am trying to avoid buying polish, but seeing this is making me want to make an exception:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Essie, you are into greens this season, aren't you ;-)!!! So good of you to try not buying polish - I have indulged in some splurges in the past couple of weeks but I just.could.not.resist - LOL!!! Have a lovely weekend <3

      Delete
  3. Hey Christine! :) Just trying to catch up on what I've missed while I was out of town, and my goodness! This polish is crazy!! Crazy in a good way though. :D It reminds me of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!! :P And you know something...I like it matte! It's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, hope you had a great time!!! Thank you :-)! You put it so well - it's color crazy :- D!! And OMG I cannot tell you how long since I last came accross the Mutant Ninja Turtles - those were the days :-)!!! The matte version has such a cartoon feel I find!

      Delete