Sunday 26 May 2013

My NOTDs of the week Part 2

Next to all those Skittelettes I also sported some plain manis. It all started out with Radha from The Polish Owl and me chatting about Takko Lacquer and this reminded me of another untried one in my stash: The Electric Apple: NYC



I applied two coats of Takko Lacquer The Electric Apple: NYC. The formula was fantastically easy to work with and the polish spread nice and easily on my nails and dried quickly. The Electric Apple: NYC is very pigmented and could pass as a one coater - still, I prefer to have always two coats to even out any ridges.

And then my much anticipated nailorder from Llarowe arrived and I could welcome some Pretty Serious Polishes finally in their new home. Martian Sea caught my eye the second I saw swatches with Pointless Café and I have been stalking Llarowe's site patiently to throw one in my shopping cart:


The above picture is taken indoors in daylight, the below photo in artificial light. I sacrificed the look of my skin to show off the beautiful shimmer


I came to learn to appreciate the formula of Pretty Serious Polishes - I yet have to come across a polish that does not practically apply by itself!!! Martian Sea was no exception and you see here two coats over Essence XXL Nail Thickener, finished with Essence Better Than Gel Nails Top Sealer. The shimmer is very prominent at every lightning and the wear is very good.

I have two more Opi Liquid Sand polishes in my untrieds, one of them got slapped on my nails finally - Opi The Impossible (from the Mariah Carey Collection):


the above picture is taken indoors in daylight, the below photo in artificial light


I applied three easy coats over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. Application was fantastic and I came to love the Liquid Sand polishes when I have not a lot of time to do my nails. The textured polish is very forgiving and the glitters and sparkles help to conceal any flaws that might have occurred during hurrying through application. As you can see, there are no stars on my nails - this is because I only got a mini bottle and those do not hold any stars - oh well, I don't mind, because the polish is as beautiful like this.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

11 comments:

  1. The first one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3!!! Do you have any Takkos?

      Delete
    2. No, I'm not even sure I've ever heard of this brand, total news to me ;-)

      Delete
  2. That Pretty Serious look really cool and unique... I love the shimmery rust color of it. The OPI is just lovely on you, too, and it occurs to me that I still owe you a comparison photo of the Mariah Carey blue vs. the Bond Girls blue. It's on my phone and I need to figure out how to send it via gmail. My phone settings are all messed up, though, so for some reason it's not as easy as it sounds, lol. But I haven't forgotten. I hope you're having a good day today. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis - thank you - Martian Sea is I think my favorite out of this bunch and I would classify it as Liesl-shade ;-)!!! Just take your time regarding the comparison - whatever you show I enjoy ogling and reading - I read that Tiffany is staining badly - is that true? As always <3

      Delete
    2. Barely. it might have to do with m basecoat and the state of my nail health, though, I don't know. When in doubt, put on a couple extra layers of basecoat, right? :)

      Delete
  3. That Takko Lacquer is so pretty!! I love the other ones too but the first one is just pure love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina, thank you so much - the Takko looks like nothing in the bottle but once on the nail it shows its true face, I think my jaw literally dropped when I applied the first brushstroke ;-)

      Delete
  4. Martian Sea !!!!! Such a gorgeous shade!!! Wow lol !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky, my favorite too - LOL - thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  5. Hallo Liebling! I loooooove that Takko polish!!! OMG!!! It's absolutely stunning! Neutral but with an amazing twist! Where do you get your Takko from? Viele Küsschen!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete