Sunday 3 March 2013

My NOTD's of the Week

After having done glitter posts for nearly two weeks now, I felt like I need a cream polish week. A couple of weeks back I posted about Butter London La Moss here . Ever since I was having it on my mind:


I applied two coats of Butter London La Moss over Butter London Nail Foundation and again used two different Top Coats, first one coat of Butter London Hardwear and then Essence Better Than Gel Nails. La Moss is a jelly and a careful application is core to prevent later patchiness. Also I always let the polish dry well inbetween applying the coats to avoid any polish dragging. If you consider this, the application should not cause any issues. For removal I always use only one cotton pad per nail to get around the reddened finger tips that usually come along with those dark polishes.

On Tuesday I received my nailpolish order from Head2Toe. I got myself some bottles from the new China Glaze Collection Avant Garden Collection. The hard part was to decide which polish to wear first.


Yep, Sunday Funday made it :-)!!! Awesome formula, perfect consistency, easy application, quick drying AND no staining upon removal. This is in short the summary of how convincing this polish is beside its beautiful color. I used Essence XXL Nail Thickener as Base Coat and Vefic quick dry Top Coat (Priscilla, this Top Coat is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.)

1 March was the meteorological start of spring, hahaha: weather murky and overcast, still heaps of dirty snow left and right. No soon relief of heavy winter boots and down jackets - le sigh... This must have triggered my urge to grab for a Christmas-y polish. China Glaze Ruby Pumps is in my eyes still one of the most stunning red sparkle polish out there - an oldie but goldie in my stash ;-):


I applied three thin coats of China Glaze Ruby Pumps over Essence XXL Nail Thickener and used again Vefic quick dry Top Coat. While the formula is thin it is not runny and application is really easy - the polish went there where it was supposed to go.

Nati from the Polished Polygot has posted a great article on what products she emptied recently. I loved the idea a lot and thought I will occasionally add a note on a beauty product I use. First I would like to introduce you to my cleaning ritual (I lay way more consideration on the cleaning than on the application I have to admit). I could not live without the Mac Wipes. I remove my eye and face make-up every day with them. They softly remove also waterproof eye make-up and one tissue is enough to leave my skin clean and moisturized.


This week's polishes are not necessarily exiting, I have to admit. Still, any of them you like particularly? If you use make-up, what is your preferred make-up remover?

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

8 comments:

  1. Ruby Pumps is my fave out of the bunch !! Sometimes I just love a plain creme polish huh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky, Ruby Pumps is really an oldie but goldie!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. La Moss is SMOKIN! I love that polish SOOO MUCH, lol ;) Ruby Pumps is such a fun color, too. One of my local places was selling minis of this color so I picked one up a while back. I should pull that baby out! It looks beautiful on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love!!! La Moss is my favorite palette cleanser (mentioned that one before, I believe), there is nothing that beats a classic vampy mani ;-)!!! Oh Ruby Pumps will look wonderful on you - I think the sparkle easily makes it a year-around shade, no????

      Delete
    2. I totally agree :) I've been too preoccupied with all these awesome spring pastels for anything else, though, lol ;)

      Delete
    3. I would love to indulge in spring colors too but we were still in the middle of the murkiest winters in the last 43 years (the radio said this), hence my back-lash to Christmas polishes ;-) - and we should get another load of the white stuff next week - aaaargh ;-)

      Delete
  3. Nice choices! Sunday Funday looks like a really fun blue and Ruby Pumps is totally a classic! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yun!!! I still wait for my Opi mini-set but I am curious to see how Sunday Funday and the Czech book color of Opi play against each other ;-). Christine

      Delete