Wednesday 28 November 2012

Zoya Yara


Zoya Yara is from Zoya's last year fall collection Smoke & Mirrors. I think by now I have assembled nearly all of them ;-) and still love to wear any of them every so often:



These are three thinner creamy coats of Zoya Yara. I did not find the polish very leveling - therefore the third coat was required. I finished the look with Ciate Speed Coat.

I repeatedly read of difficluties with the application of Zoya polishes over certain Base Coats and took the opportunity to compare the performance of Essence XXL Nail Thickener vs China Glaze Ridge Filler. Essence XXL Nail Thickener scored remarkably over China Glaze Ridge Filler. The below photo taken with one coat of Zoya Yara shows the difference nicely. I wear Essence XXL Nail Thickener on my pinkie and ring finger, China Glaze Ridge Filler on my middle and index finger.


Zoya Yara applied much more opaque and a lot less streaky over the Essence Base Coat. Dry Time is on the quick side and was not influenced by either Base Coat.

And then I wondered what it would look when mattified - I used Essie Matte About You:


Nothing to really bother about - wouldn't you agree? I was a bit disappointed as I hoped the golden flecks would be more prominent with the matte surface but they are just barely there. 

What do you think of the mattified version of Zoya Yara? What polish or which polishes of last years releases do still sit in the front of your drawer?

I ordered Zoya Yara with Nailcareclub (a UK based e-shop).

I look forward to reading your comments!!!

Thanks for reading!!
Christine


2 comments:

  1. the shimmer doesn't transfer well on the nail :( but it is still a pretty shade on ya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky, thank you :-) agreed, the shimmer is pretty subtle (to put it diplomatically) but this makes it for me "any day office appropriate" ;-). I had the same issue with Neeka from the same collection....

      Delete