Saturday 10 November 2012

Skittle Mani featuring Essie Lovie Dovie

This is a real premiere for me - I did my first ever proper skittle. It all began with me following amazing Marta's Blog Chit Chat Nails http://www.chitchatnails.com/ - she does the most beautiful and creative skittles - go and have a look, should you not know her. Marta's posts motivated me to dare trying a skittle too. Its still eons away from her skills but I am quite happy with the result.

I used those polishes (from left):

Girly Bits Hippity Hop, Opi Pirouette my Whistle, Perola Paris Torre Eiffel, Deborah Lippmann Stormy Weather, Essie Lovie Dovie and Essence Icy Princess:


Photos taken indoors in daylight:



I used two coats of each base colour over Essence XXL Nail Thickener for a start.

For the ring finger of my right hand and thumb of my left hand I used some of the pretty nail stickers I received from my lovely Dutch Instagram friend - thank you so much again, it's so much fun to use them!!!!

Thumb on right hand: one coat of Opi Whistle my Pirouette

Ring finger of left hand: one coat of Girly Bits Hippity Hop and one coat of Opi Whistle my Pirouette

Looking at the result I was 95 % happy - hmmm something was not quite there yet. So I mattified Perola Paris Torre Eiffel using one coat of Orly Matte Top. It translates to a matte finish though with a silky shine. I occasionally prefer this over a plain matte like Essie Matte About You.

I was so happy to have managed a skittle I liked on the first go, I could not stop taking pictures. For good measure I add two of them I took right after application. Despite the pictures being taken before clean-up I still could not resist adding them here..... ;-) The below pictures show the grey of Deborah Lippmann Stormy Weather better - in my daylight pictures it looks charcoal.

Photos taken indoors in artificial light


Do you also have some Blogs that are a strong inspiration to you? Which ones are they? Do you like skittles? 

I look forward to reading your comments!!!

Thanks for reading!!
Christine



4 comments:

  1. Grey and pink is always a wonderful duo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalia, it is one of my favorite color combos :-))))

      Delete
  2. Great skitllete, like Marta says!! She´s a HUGE inspiration to me too, your mani is amazing! Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sis - this means so much coming from you since I know your skittelettes xxxxx Küsschen

    ReplyDelete