Thursday 8 November 2012

Misa Uptown Glamour

This is the third polish I bought from Misa's Winter 2012 High Society Collection.

Photo taken indoors with artificial light:

These are two coats of Misa Uptown Glamour over Essence XXL Nail Thickener. The formula on this one was excellent and easy to work with. 

I compared it with Opi Every Month is Octoberfest:


While you can see that these two polishes are definitely twins, the Misa seems to carry more shimmer. Now let's look how this translates to the nail.


Photo taken indoors in artificial light:
Pinkie and Middle Misa Uptown Glamour, Ring and Index Opi Every Month is Octoberfest

Much to my surprise the shimmer in the Opi Every Month is Octoberfest is more prominent than with Misa Uptown Glamour. Again one definitively does not need both and given the difference in the visibility of the shimmer, I opt for the Opi!! Still, if I would not have jotted down which polish on which finger, I could not tell them apart.

Final thoughts to my purchases of the Misa Winter 2012 High Society Collection - I love the colours and the quality of the polishes but since I have dupes for all of them I could have saved the bucks. On top of this I am a tad disappointed to find exact dupes of the two Opi's in a collection released within weeks of each other.

I ordered Misa Bourbon on the Rocks with Transdesign. I bought Opi Every Month is Octoberfest with Douglas.

How do you feel about those shimmery winter polishes?

I am looking forward to reading your comments!!!

Thanks for reading!!
Christine





1 comment:

  1. I'm loving both polishes! I'm still kicking myself for not getting every month is october fest when I ordered the minis :G

    ReplyDelete