Friday 26 October 2012

Smitten Polish, You're Turning Violet, Violet

I saved Smitten Polish You're Turning Violet, Violet for a special opportunity, I this  glitter to come alive and dazzle in its incredible sparkyliciousness!! Well, what about the simple joy of ogling my nails all day? It was good enough for me.

The deep purple jelly is filled to the gills with multi coloured glitter. I used Colorama Vinho Fashion as base, since I wanted to see what a lighter base colour would do to the dark base of You're Turning Violet, Violet. It turned out to be a very lovely plum base that showed off the glitter perfectly. I came to love layering glitters over all sorts of colours to experiment the effect, to use them simply over black sometimes seems so safe, if you know what I mean... ;-)

All pictures taken indoors in artificial light:



... and a blurred photo to show the multicoloured sparkle:

Application was amazing. No dabbing and shoving nor pooling or clotting of the glitter. I finished this off with 2 thick coats of Essie Good to Go.

I ordered Smitten Polish You're Turning Violet, Violet with Llarowe.

Have you tried any Smitten Polishes? Do also like to experiment with layering polishes? Looking forward to reading your comments!!!

Thanks for reading!!
Christine



1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine! Wow, this one is amazing! Never tried this brand, but does it look like Cult Nails Clairvoyant? Loved the red base, instead of a black one. I love layer, specially when the base polish is no longer perfect. Beijos :)

    ReplyDelete