Thursday 27 March 2014

Pahlish Cross My Hearts

Pahlish created Cross My Hearts for the beautiful Dr. Who Collection. It is a blackened red base filled with small dark red shimmer particles, that NEARLY has a duo-chrome shine depending on the angle you ogle your nails ;-)




I applied two effortless coats of Pahlish Cross My Hearts over Seche Ridge Filling Base Coat. The application was the usual Pahlish-pleasure. The dry time as well as the finish (smooth though dull) were also the usual excellent Pahlish quality - there is a reason I have so many Pahlish AND that I reach for them most of the time when I need to be really quick with my NOTD. The consistency is slightly thick but if you go for medium thick coats you can paint your nails evenly and smoothly. I finished the look with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta Dry - and no, this is no Top Coat eater - the finish had the same high shine after a day of wear as right after application - just look at my last picture which I took a day after the others - my index shows some tip wear (grrrr) but the shine is still beautiful.

And I gave it a go with Cult Nails Wax That Top Coat and no, this is an visual illusion - the polish did NOT become bumpy or uneven - I haven't the faintest idea why it looks so weird in my pictures :-o!!! But in the below picture you can see what where I detected a tiny winy bit of duo-chrome ;-P!!


 
Final thoughts: You might wonder, why I wiggle a sold-out polish in front of your eyes - well it is because I consider those kinds of shimmers a classic and they are available with many other brands (just don't ask me right now which ones) - oh Dior Midnight is certainly a member of this family. They have a classiness AND a glow to them. They go for many, many opportunities and look equally striking out in the sun or in the evening in subdued light.
 
I ordered Pahlish Cross My Hearts with their own Bigcartel Shop here.
 
I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine


10 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, sis! It reminds me of one of my favorite Zoya collections, their summer glassflecks; in fact, this looks close to the one called Alegra. It looks glorious mattified and yes, that's the thing with these sparkly berry shades, I can't think of a better description than yours-- classiness with a glow. I don't mind seeing vhtf at all, anyway, in fact I've been thinking of doing a little feature because I have some gorgeous Catrices that deserve to be displayed and I'm tired of feeling like I shouldn't share them ;) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Really? Really? Alegra????? You made my day with this because out of probably insane reasons I never got hold of Alegra and felt like slapping myself whenever I saw pictures of it!! Thank you Liesl ❤️❤️❤️!!! Ok - then I will not refrain from showing a VHTF once in a while ;-) looking forward to see yours!!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely! But I think you've got something mixed up: Cross My Hearts wasn't a V-Day polish, but is part of the Doctor Who collection and therefor still available. Yay (of course I've already got it) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer - as we discussed yesterday and thanks so much for waving that flag!!!!! I truly appreciate hon!!! Any-Who - it is a pretty polish and I knew you would have this ;-) xxx

      Delete
  3. This looks so good on you! I love the waxed variant too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovey xxx!!!! It does have such a special twist with that waxed finish!!!

      Delete
  4. A vampy and beautiful polish! Weird that it looked bumpy in matte, in the photo at least. It must be the camera picking up the glitter bits and reflecting them in the wrong way, like some kind of camera-only-reflective-glitter-effect.And I'd also like to point out that I don't mind seeing sold out, HTF, VHTF, and plain old ones etc in blogs, I like seeing them too. As you say there's often dupé's available or if one is eager there is groups on facebook/ebay too, where one (if paying a lot) still can get hold of these "not easy to get"-polishes. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gelic!!! That was exactly my thought - that the glitter reflected lights and created depths at the most unwanted spots - oh well... OK - I think I will show more of these in future and if possible give alternative polishes should the ones shown be sold out <3

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh, the Viscountess of Vamp is in the house! :P This is lovely and reminds me of smashed cranberries, which sucks me in every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha definitely!!! You are right - smashed cranberries - another perfect Melissa-esque food association! Trust Pahlish to interpret Vamp with a special edge ;-) - thank you Melissa xxx

      Delete