Saturday 12 October 2013

Pahlish Toxic and Timeless - the Original and Version 2

We have already come to the end of the Pahlish week - and I want to present you as finale one of its best known polishes Toxic and Timeless. Since a while now I have seen Toxic and Timeless being on sale on the Bigcartel e-shop site but there was always still enough available stash that I postponed and postponed and…. well until I was realizing that some more waiting will result in me not getting it at all. That same week Toxic and Timeless Version 2 was released - what a perfect occasion to get them both and compare the two:

The original Toxic and Timeless is a sheer green (with teal undertones) jelly base filled with turquoise, blue and chartreuse hex glitters in all sizes as well as bar glitter. I don't care for bar glitter but if mixed with others I don't mind. I used to deal with highly confidential stuff in my work and have shredded for hours without an end so bar glitter reminds me forever of those everywhere sticking tiny paper snippets flying all over my office and sticking to my cloths.



 the above pictures are taken indoors in daylight, the below photos outside in the shade



and in artificial light:

I applied two coats of Toxic and Timeless over Essence Hardening Nail Base. Formula wise a true glitter jelly - it indeed has a gel-like consistency and you need to apply the polish swift with a light hand to prevent bloops of polish that act gluey when you try to spread it on the nail. I more or less dabbed the length of the brush on my nails thus leaving a fair amount of glitter and base without any dragging or glitter clusters. Dry time is spectacularly fast - a really quick mani and a sparkly one at that!!! Take a jelly and throw in this amount of different sized glitters and you end up with a lumpy surface (please note just bumps, no grits). This called for a generous coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food before sealing it with a glossy Top Coat.

…. and here it is in matte:


Toxic and Timeless Version Two got modified by using smaller sized glitters and instead of the big chartreuse hex glitters you now find smaller square glitter in that color - well just have a look - I will list the differences I observed at the end of the post:



 pictures above indoors in daylight, below outside in the shade


in artificial light:

Again I applied two coats of Toxic and Timeless Version 2. The formula was quite similar to the original version so I did not vary my application and used the same procedure to finish the mani as listed above.


Now to the differences I observed in Version 2 compared to the original Toxic and Timeless:
- the base is more pigmented and leans more green than the original
- the consistency of Version 2 is more like a crelly versus the jelly
- the glitters used are smaller (except for the bar glitter)
- chartreuse square glitter versus the bigger hex glitter of the original



Pinkie and middle: Pahlish Toxic and Timeless Version 2
Ring and index: Pahlish Toxic and Timeless original mix

Final thoughts: Now if I am really honest (and what should keep me from THAT?) I have to admit that I like the original version better. The sheerer jelly base let the glitter spark and live a lot more than the more pigmented crelly base of Version 2. And then I do like those big chartreuse hex glitters, but then who knows, maybe they simply were not available anymore. By now the original version of Toxic and Timeless has sold out and bly me - I am so glad I could get myself into ordering it.

I ordered both of the Toxic and Timeless polishes with Pahlish Bigcartel e-shop here.

I hope I could give you a nice tour through the stock of Pahlish and its concept and seriously - if you haven't checked out that e-shop I invite you to take a sneak peak at least. The colors are restocked every Friday at 7 pm MST.

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for visiting!!!
Christine

9 comments:

  1. I like both versions of these...but I would have to go with the original simply because it's a jelly, and I love me some jellies. :D I just love the look of suspended glitter. Must be all the sci-fi I watched growing up. :P

    P.S. I can't believe I was the one who got YOU hooked on Pahlish...I only have Continually Smoldering, and you have cleaned out the store!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have both versions at home, but (of course) I haven't worn either yet. Once again, I need more hands :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, Wow !! Love both versions!! I have worn the original one a great while ago and loved loved loved it !! Just so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I prefer the second! The higher pigmentation of the base does it for me...though those chartreuse hexes are a nice touch. Both are so beautiful and fun, either would be a treat to adorn your nails with. And mattified... AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great comparison post! From the pictures I think I like the second version better, except that the bar glitter didn't match with the smaller glitter as well, they took too much attention some how. I like both matte though and it reminds me of ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hello there! What a gorgeous green! Such a fantastic glitter polish. I love both versions, though I like the first one a little better... it just looks so squishy! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salut ma biche, as I opened your page my mind went "Aahh!" so the first version, glossy, is my favourite! For the same reasons you mention, the jellyness and the bigger glitter, I love it, this one went diresctly to my pin board. I hope you're fine, I'll write you later today, I'm trying to catch up with technology on my cell, haha. bisous, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frankly, that just makes it two different polishes. And the original is definitely more gorgeous. The big chartreuse hexes really turned it to magic

    ReplyDelete
  9. What bright and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete