Tuesday 10 December 2013

Manhattan No 006

Today I have the second polish I got from Nati from the Polished Polyglot as early Christmas gift. This is a mini bottle of Manhattan and is a vampy burgundy crelly filled with golden shimmer.





in sunlight:

 in artificial light:

I applied two coats of Manhattan No 006 over Essence Hardening Nail Base. The formula is as to be expected with a crelly sheer but was opaque enough after two coats for my taste. The application was flawless, dry time very quick and the finish - well look at the pictures - they are taken without Top Coat. Impressive - wouldn't you agree?

Final thoughts: I love, love, love this kind of polishes. The shimmer is prominent enough to add plenty of sparks to the mani, yet it is not overly prominent so this makes No 006 wearable any day any time. In case you are reminded of Picture Polish Bewitch: no, they are not twins. Bewitch has a brown base with aubergine undertones and Manhattan 006 has a clearly burgundy base. The basic "connecting" ingredient of the two are the golden shimmer particles. Nati, this is another awesome pick for my stash - I am so happy with it - merci mille fois!!!

I look forward to reading your comments - thanks for dropping by!!!
Christine


9 comments:

  1. Hey Christine...this is SO gorgeous. I want to spread it on a biscuit and eat it!! :D You are indeed Queen of the Vamps! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Melissa, hope your break was wonderful!!! Oh Queen of the Vamps - I am deeply honored and blushing brightly - thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  2. This reminds me of the gel mani. I just peeled off. I loved wearing it! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Essie, I am sure your gel mani looked awesome and was a lot more perfect than my mani :-)

      Delete
  3. First thing I did was check online to see if I can buy it. Nope! I'm thoroughly confused because it's called Manhattan and that makes me think it's American, lol. Well, this American is bummed but that polish is absolutely ravishing! Wear that lovely polish in my honor :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha guess what, I did the same and found out, that it is probably German. And while it is supposed to be available in Switzerland, it isn't where I live and I am living close to one of the bigger cities. I will surely be thinking of you when wearing it next time - thank you <3

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous Christine!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely polish! I haven't had the time to wear it yet, but I do own it, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a beautiful shimmer in that polish! :D Great color and shimmer combination. :D

    ReplyDelete